Ads

Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Admitted to Changi Hospital

I was ushered to the new year with food poisoning. How great is that? At first, I thought it was only diarrhea but I was so so wrong. I kept on going to the toilet many times and I started breaking into sweats.

I slept and thought once I wake up, everything would be fine.

It was nearing the countdown and of course, I had to go out and see the fireworks. Everything was abosolutely normal. The pain was gone. The going to the toilet many times was also no more.

The shit thing was that I decided to change plan and decided to forgo watching the fireworks. I went to somewhere quiet with my significant other to celebrate the New Year.



"Happy New Year!" That greeting will be said and heard for at least the first couple of weeks as a new year gets under way.

Other traditions of the season include the making of New Year's resolutions. That tradition also dates back to the early Babylonians. Popular modern resolutions might include the promise to lose weight or quit smoking. The early Babylonian's most popular resolution was to return borrowed farm equipment.

Traditional New Year foods are also thought to bring luck. Many cultures believe that anything in the shape of a ring is good luck, because it symbolizes "coming full circle," completing a year's cycle. For that reason, the Dutch believe that eating donuts on New Year's Day will bring good fortune.

When morning comes, there the pain comes again. I went to the toilet countless of times. I vomitted. The pain was excruiating.

In the end, I was sent to Changi Hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment