Ads

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Still Polished

I was amazed at myself for being able to still be as knowledgeable as the first time I was in my medic course, knowing alot and knowing my skills well. I guess what I lack the most was confidence.

For the past few days I was at Tekong doing fieldcamp and was hoping I will not be tested much on my medic skill. I know my skills weren't that polished. I was afraid I might let my company medic down. I was afraid I just might flung it badly. Everyone has fears. For me, stepping into the medical center is just too much stress for me.

The fieldcamp was a complete showdown for me. The empires were my O.C and Encik. I know for sure that they will test the medics, test us, test me.

Having to carry a medic bag which is probably 20KG is not an easy task. With the stretcher dangling at the bottom of the fieldpack and the medical items in our bags, with all these, it's just too much for us, maybe too much for me.

I guessed as much that I would be tested admists the exercise and I was right.

O.C didn't question me much. All I had to do was the bandaging to the wounds and just do what I was needed to do.

But Encik was a bit tougher. He was spitting me with tons of questions from, "what should I do?" to "where I should evacuate him to?" and so on. I displayed my professionalism. My confidence was not there yet.

Did I make any mistakes? - One, but it wasn't that obvious.

Encik response? - Very good, you know your medic skills well. Keep up with the good work.

Happy I was. At least I know I wasn't that bad.

The next day, we had to dig the shellscrap and I was amazed with my capability of -erm- digging. I wasn't the fastest but I manage to be the first few in my platoon to complete digging the shellscrap. I'm not comparing.

Once again, Encik complimented on my markings for the range card and the shellscrap I dug.

I am definitely not trying to flaunt the praises that was given to me by higher authorities but I want to know how good I was when, in the future, I decided to read my archives back.

No comments:

Post a Comment