Ads

Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Ressurection; Breaking Tru` The All-Time Low Curse

Define blogging, please.

What is blogging, really? Using a common trick for finding something about anything on the Internet, I "googled" it.

The following are some of the definitions of a blog:

From "Web log." A blog is basically a journal that is available on the web. The activity of updating a blog is "blogging" and someone who keeps a blog is a "blogger."

Webpages that are constantly updated with new commentary and links about a particular topic. Often very personal.

From "Web log." A blog is basically a journal that is available on the web. The activity of updating a blog is "blogging" and someone who keeps a blog is a "blogger."



There are so many new blogs being created nowadays, really - alot of them! A few even created blogs just to let them rot just like a friend of mine. He has a blog but he has never written an entry. So what's the idea of having a blog when you have nothing written or posted?


A blog is a user generated website where entries are made in journal style and displayed in a reverse chronological order.

Blogs often provide commentary or news on a particular subject, such as food, politics, or local news; some function as more personal online diaries. A typical blog combines text, images, and links to other blogs, web pages, and other media related to its topic. The ability for readers to leave comments in an interactive format is an important part of many blogs. Most blogs are primarily textual although some focus on photographs (photoblog), sketchblog, videos (vlog), or audio (podcasting), and are part of a wider network of social media.


The term "blog" is derived from "Web log." "Blog" can also be used as a verb, meaning to maintain or add content to a blog.

Today marks the break of the all-time low curse I have for the past few months. My blog was suffering from a huge dip of readership from 9200 in August and then to an all time low of 7200 in September. Icyboy's readership was slowly dropping. In mid-November it was 7270.
Then, I thought redesigning of my blog skin might do the trick of pushing my readership up. But that wasn't the case.

It took quite some time for me to realize. It took me a few days to realize I shouldn't be hogging for popularity and fame too much. I should cherish those I have. I wasn't even thinking of how to get my blog readership back on track. I felt that wasn't neccessary.
Just today, when I was checking the track counter for my blog, there it indicated 8245 at 1834.

Surprise, surprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment