Ads

Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Closure For Most

I was like browsing through my friends' blogs and realized that most of their blogs are either inactive or closed down. The passion of blogging started like in the year 2003 and it got everyone talking about in the early part of the year 2004 when mydreamd8.com was set up.

Slowly, the number of blogs created in Singapore increases. Back then I asked my many friends, "Why do you blog?"

"Because fashion trend ma!"

"I must get a blog because everyone else has a blog."

Then I thought, these kind of things will die down soon. How soon? I wasn't sure about that. But I know if those were the reasons they created a blog for, then they would not be interested in writing or keeping their blog alive for as long as a year.

You keep a blog pertaining to your daily life; it's like a journal or diary. Sometimes, it's for collecting and uploading of photos to your blog and you write about them. And when you're older and when you click the archives, you will laugh and smile when you read your previous entries.

I started off writing at Diaryland. What a name. When I think back, the name is kind of like childish. I started having an online diary in 2003. By then, I wasn't sure if Blogger already existed.

Then, I stopped for a while because I don't know what else to write. I began writing back at April 2004 and that's when I started writing on Blogger. I wrote about my life and the happenings and rantings of me and my life.

Slowly, my writing style metamorphosized. It was different from me back then. My blog became commercialized and friends I know started to have blogs just because I have a blog. Their main purpose wasn't to write but to flaunt to others that they have a blog too.

Then after some realization, I started being the old me. I started writing like the old me.

No comments:

Post a Comment