Ads

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Worried For Them

I may look happy and all but deep inside me, I worry about alot of things. I kept on worrying about even the smallest things that it makes me hard to sleep at night. I worry things that even do not concern me.

Last week was really hectic especially in camp. I worry for my company medic. I am afraid that due to the workload that was thrown to him, he might just stress himself out. But I know he's capable of keeping himself grounded.

I can see that though a few around me may seem happy but when at a few particular times when I saw them alone, I saw their sad face. They are brave people because they don't tell their sadness and grieveness to anyone.

I worry for Yahn. He's been staying out for almost a week now. I worry if he have enough cash to last him for the next few days. I would ponder of where he will be right now or maybe later or probably at night.

Sometimes, they say I don't show enough concern to others. But it's not true. It's just you don't see me showing my concern. At this rate, being worried for others and worrying for me, myself, I may just be the first to breakdown.

Did you ever hear that saying, "Don't worry, be happy"? It's a nice saying but how do you stop from worrying? Is it possible just to forget all my problems and be happy? How should I deal with worry?

To solve this problem we need first to define what we mean by worry and contrast or compare that definition to being "concerned" about something. For our purposes, I will define worry as an anxious condition produced by the inability to control the circumstances, direction, or outcome of one's life or the life of someone else.

The key word in this definition is the word "control". The person who worries wants to control the circumstances of their life or another's and becomes frustrated and anxious when they find that they can not do so.

Concern, on the other hand, I define as the righteous care or consideration that the circumstances, direction or outcome of one's or another's life accomplishes the will of God. Notice that the word control is missing from this definition. Instead, the word righteous is found in this definition. The person who is concerned about the welfare of another as compared to being worried about it, will act in a righteous manner.

Since worry seeks to controls all the events or circumstances of someone's life, they must then be desirous of some of the prerogatives of God. In effect, the person who worries seeks to be their own little god of the own life. For the worrier, this is necessary because they simply do not have confidence in God that He will bring about the desires outcome of events.

Worry then, is simply a lack of faith in the passion of God for His people, or the power of God for the accomplishment of His will. As such, it must be recognized as sin.

But thanks to yoga and meditation, I'm still one piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment