Ads

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Self-Reflections

For the past few days, I've been true to myself, well at least for most of the occasions. I forfeited this certain competition I was shortlisted for as I wasn't true to myself. For the past year, I wasn't sure what I was looking for. I was always lead to the wrong path.

I was always greedy for fame and popularity and then I slowly lose friends that were true to me. I neglected those who wanted to spend time with me. I was not me for the past year. I wasn't the same Isaac two years ago; true and honest.

I wanted fame so much that it ruled my mind. I started changing into a different person. I started to drink. I used to hate the smell and taste of beer but now, they're like nothing to me.

I wasn't an avid clubber. Correction, I wasn't even a clubber to begin with but then, I started going to different clubs on every weekends. How scary is that?

It's so wrong, so so wrong. What has gotten into me?

Yes, I realized all those scary shit I did but now.. it's time.

Now, I realized what's important, what I really believe is important to me are friends, family and my love ones. I'll tone down. I'll start to be me like two years ago. Let me go back to basics.

How could I be so stupid to let go of a few of my good friends.

I didn't realize all this till one of my closest friend was admitted to the hospital last week. I was so numb, I broke down.

"Hey, your friend is in ICU. He's involved in a car accident. He's girlfriend is safe but not him."

Those words penetrated my heart.

I guess you will only start appreciating those you once let go wholeheartedly after a few deadly blows bestowed upon you.

It took me two hours to get there. I stood, probably looked ever so calm to those there but deep down, I was shivering, "Will he make it? I want to see him. I need to see him..."

The light went off and there they pushed him out.

"He's stabilized."

Upon hearing those words, I was relieved. I stayed for a couple of hours before I left, I wrote a note and placed it next to his pillow, "I'm sorry my dearest friend. You're the best. You're always there for me but I slowly neglected you, slowly erasing you from my mind. My bad. I hope you forgive me."

I leaned forward and whispered, "I'm sorry" and left.

I'm treasuring everyone else around me.



Sometimes, you really need a hard knock to your senses before you realizes the ongoings in life.

22 comments:

  1. Lyrics wise; beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No wonder, the people in the video.. and I believe utada is an angel and the schgirl in the vid?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanna be with you now..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous24.12.06

    *claps hand*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous24.12.06

    I like Rihanna ok!

    ReplyDelete
  6. And I heard of Hitomi and hmm, Do as infinity..

    But Ayumi and Utada are special singers. They write from the bottom of their hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous24.12.06

    I'm sorry to know that your friend is in the hospital

    ReplyDelete
  8. Go check the wikipedia!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous24.12.06

    She look weird in the mtv~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Let's all have one min of silence!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous24.12.06

    Don't sigh jen. not good de

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kermalak (For You)
    You dont want us to stay lovers
    And never stay away from each other
    You want me to be ur freind
    And lie to my melting heart
    you are unfair and u know
    The pain i feel when your're far away from me
    Tell me my love And i'll accept my fate
    If you let me know what you wish for
    Because of you i started to hiding
    The love i have in my heart
    Pretending that i'm indifferent
    Not caring not concerned
    Acting like a friend to you
    Constantly asking how you are doing
    Feeling secure that you are near
    And not troubling you with my love
    Your love had me running after you
    And made me lose my sel
    fIt made me follow you everywhere
    But it did not take me,
    nor did it let me go
    You are so selfish
    Oh my love try to forget me
    My heart hardens
    And it can forget
    The days we were lovers.

    I got this lyrics from bootifulsoup.com

    Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a very nice song which I heard from youtube and then pasted to my blog. Go listen.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous26.12.06

    i listen le.. nicey..

    ReplyDelete
  15. You spend christmas the great way lol

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous26.12.06

    stay cool always!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous26.12.06

    Sigh~

    ReplyDelete
  18. in one year, you got alot of bad luck hor..

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anonymous26.12.06

    Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hey Isaac,

    I am glad you somewhat got your senses back. I have always believed long ago that fame and popularity really do not mean much at the end of the day. Why bother so much about what other people think of you when you aren't even dear to them?

    Hope the new year will see a new (or the original) Isaac in action :)

    ReplyDelete