Ads

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

So Suddenly (Something Personal)

Ring Ring.. (My handphone kept on ringing when I was in the toilet). I grabbed the towel and dashed out to get my handphone, "Hello, who's that on the other line?"

Silence. The person on the other receiver kept quiet.

"Hello..." And then I looked at my handphone to see the caller's number. "Huh, no number. It's anoynomous."

"Hello..."

I heard a voice, very faint but still can hear what the person was saying. I replied with a hello and asked who the person was. There was absolute silence again. I was getting really pissed. "If you're not going to talk, then I shall hang up."

Seconds after, the person hang up.

Rude!

I put my handphone on the table and was about to have my shower once again when the phone rang again. Was it the same person who called? I thought. Prank calls! I grabbed my handphone and clicked the answer button, "HELLO, who are you?! Do not keep silent as for I am already pissed with you."

"It's... it's me..." replied the person.

The voice, so familiar.

"It's me ... It's me, XXX. I'm sorry."

"You... Why did you call me again?"

*Let's name the caller L.

"I'm sorry for leaving you for my studies. I know I shouldn't have. I came back a year ago only to know you are together with K. But I know I still love you. I miss you alot." confesses L. "And when I was about to leave for Australia after my short holiday in Singapore, I saw you at the airport, hiding behind one of the pillars. I saw you."

"Cut the crap." I retorted.

"But when I walked towards you, you ran away."
"I'll hang up if you continue this crap..." I shouted.

"You were wearing the necklace I bought for you. I saw you wearing it at the airport. Why? Was it because you still have feelings for me again." said L. "I waited for the postman to bring me a letter. And I waited for the good lord to make me feel better. And I carried the weight of the world on my shoulder."

"Let me get this clear to you. 5 years ago, we dated for a year and got together and spent 9 months together. It was so perfect but you destroyed everything. You only told me you were to leave for oversea's studies days before the actual day. I was stunned with your answer. I was so angry with you for not telling me earlier."

There was a short pause.
"And you told me to keep holding on and to keep our relationship alive even when you're overseas. You said we can work things out even when you're on the other side of the globe. Disappointed when I knew from a friend of yours that you were sleeping around."

4 years passed and just last year when I thought I had it all with K, you came back again, wanting to acknowledge me back when you clearly knew I was already attached.

You know I have a weakness; soft-hearted.

You got to my heart again after K decided to patch up with M. And when you did manage to tug my heart, you left. You left me stranded again. What do you want from me?

"I will be coming back at the end of March."

I hang up the phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment