Ads

Monday, July 30, 2007

Sudden Surge Of Emptiness

Yesterday, I felt a sudden surge of emptiness. Scary. I never felt this for a long long time already. It hit me hard yesterday.

What is the meaning of Life? Life has no meaning, other than what you give it. If you believe that you create your own reality, then your Life is that reality. Is your Life full of turmoil and personal drama?

Then this is the meaning of your Life. If you were to cease all turmoil and personal drama, does that mean your Life would cease to have meaning? For many, this would appear to be true. They were raised to believe that without turmoil and personal drama, there would be no meaning to Life.

Drama and personal turmoil are powerful creations of the ego. The ego wants to keep you occupied with the turmoil and personal drama, leaving little time or space for anything else.

Just suppose that tomorrow all my turmoil and personal drama ceased - forever.


How would I fill the time? All those days and nights? How would I fill my Life which, at the present moment, is chock full of "stuff"? How would I fill your newly emptied existence?


I would probably start by filling it with all the things I do right now. How could I possibly exist without doing all those things? Thinking all those thoughts?

What would I fill your mind with? If there were no more turmoil or personal drama, what would I think about - nothing? It takes years of practice to think about nothing, for just a few minutes. But then, I would have years to practice with no turmoil or personal drama to distract me.

And feelings; what about all those feelings? Would there be any feelings if all the turmoil and personal drama ceased - forever? Feeling nothing. How would that feel?

No comments:

Post a Comment