Ads

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

I'm Nervous

Sometimes we feel good, and sometimes we feel bad. Both kinds of feelings are normal. Of course, we all enjoy good feelings.

But when we don't like the way we are feeling, sometimes we don't know what to do about it. Here is a plan that will help you help yourself when your feelings are bothering you.

But I must accept myself feelings. Say to myself, "I am sad." "I am frightened." "I am angry." "I am embarrassed." It's all right to have feelings.

Then I have to relax and take "time out" before I act. Take slow deep breaths and relax all the muscles of my body. Pretend I am in a safe place.

I have to think about ways to help myself. Thinking helps me do something smart instead of harming myself or making things worse.

I have to do something to help myself. Maybe it would help to talk to someone, or to do something you enjoy. If it doesn't work, I will have to go back to step 3.

I'm nervous about my work. I really do.

No comments:

Post a Comment