Ads

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

The Conversation Between A Caucasian And Asian

I was at City Hall yesterday, going to Raffles City. I was waiting for the green man light to light up to cross the road. So I waited patiently, texting messages and looking around. Then I heard a caucasian guy talking to a pretty asian lady.

Caucasian guy, "It's a nice place - Singapore."

Asian lady, "Yes, indeed. It is a nice place, everything here is nice - the food, the shopping centers and the people."

From the way the lady spoke, she was desperately wanting to speak good english.

Caucasian guy, "Have you been to Africa?"

Asian lady, "Yes I have. They have alot of zebras there."

I looked at the lady and then looked away. "What? How can you say that about Africa? Can't you say anything more substantial?"

Caucasian guy, "So that's the only thing you like about Africa?"

Asian lady, "No, there's alot more. The lions and the poor people there. I like the poor people."

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous27.9.07

    Hahahh that's funny! I think the lady is better off keeping quiet.

    Or maybe she could've talked about her experience in Africa, instead of directly answering his question, because it's an informal conversation anyway...

    ReplyDelete