Ads

Saturday, November 6, 2004

NS Medical Checkup Experience



First off, I would like to congratulate myself for making it through the NS medical checkup. Initially, I was afraid but as I went from stations to stations, I felt more relaxed.



*Clap*



Evil Twin: You look like a monkey when you clap!







The Little Girl: HAHAHA! You are so right, Evil Twin! He really does look like a monkey when he claps his hands! I can't laugh anymore. My STOMACH's going to burst!! Get me to the hospital! Quick!



Me: ...



I wasn't tensed at all. I was confident that I would make it through the whole checkup thing. And indeed, I did. It was all over after 2 1/2 hours. But sadly, I had to come back again to CMPB.



The amplitude station had to shut down all its operations as it was already late. So I had to make appointment for my amplitude test with one of the officers there. It's very troublesome indeed.



I shouldn't have chosen 5th November for my NS medical checkup because it's the second last day and it will definitely be packed with guys. Apart from choosing the dates, we can also choose the desired time; 9am, 11am or 1pm.



I chose the 1pm instead of the 9am and 11am. How foolish. I didn't realize if the guys at the earlier time slot will have to take the later time slot if they could not finish in time.



This may cause the others guys book the 11am and 1pm appointment to wait longer for their turns.. Thus, the completion of the whole NS checkup procedure will be very late and they have to come again the next time since they were already runing out of time.







Lady: Oh my... Are you speaking English? It is because I do not understand what you've just said.







The Little Girl: HAHA! I can't stand it anymore! Forget about getting me an ambulance. Get me a coffin! I'm dying of laughter!

Me: ...

Upon entering the waiting room, I was asked to fill in a questionnaire which is to test our mentality. I was giggling way at one of the questions they asked. Too bad, I am not allowed to disclose anything about the questionnaire here.

I was taking my time doing the questionnaire to avoid meeting my other classmates who were still there from 11am. Basically, I do not wish anyone who I know to see me in a nervous state. It will be embarrassing and yes, I am nervous.

Do not laugh at me. It's normal to be afraid, to feel nervous.

Then I heard one of the officers calling my name, 'Shah Rizal'. Oh no! They must have been wondering why I was doing the questionnaire so slowly when the rest who took the questionnaire before me have already completed.

Immediately, I filled in the last question and got up from my seat. I rushed to the counter and gave him the form. Then I realized he wasn't calling me. Unexpectedly, there was another person who has the same name as me.

Phew! I was frightened to death! I've learned my lesson. Haha!

Then, I was told to proceed to the first room and that was the audio lab. They were testing for our hearings.

I sat down and read the instructions on the paper before proceeding to the enclosed room. I had to place a headphone and wait for the officer's signal before doing anything else.

Whenever I hear any noises coming from the left or the right, I had to raise my hand corresponding with the noises that were coming from the right or the left of my headphone.

My right hearing was perfect but however, I couldn't hear the noises clearly from the left headphone. Whatever it is, I still manage to get a passing grade because I was correct most of the time.

Then I proceeded to the blood/urine test room. My nightmare! They are going to take blood test. They are going to poke the needle into my skin. I am going to faint. I was darn nervous that my legs became numb. My legs were telling me to stand where I was and not to proceed to the lab but I had to do it.

I had to get it done and over with. I have to be brave. Slowly, I walked to the officer. I was greeted by him and was handed a stripe of paper with a few color boxes on it.

I was instructed to go to the gents and urine on the paper. What they were testing on was whether we have any allergies or diseases.

I entered the gents and realized that all of the cubicle doors were closed. But I speculated that out of the many cubicles, one will not be occupied. So I tired pushing doors after doors. Locked, locked and locked, until I reached the last cubicle. I pushed it open slowly.

Wha lah! It's not locked.

I aggressively pushed the door opened without realizing that there was a guy in that cubicle. And he was actually urinating on the stripe of paper.

...

He looked at me. He blushed. So did I. I apologized and looked away. But he shook his head, telling me that it was okay since he was already done.

I entered and did what I had to do.

Seconds later, I went back to the lab, holding the stripe of paper that was covered with my urine stain. It was totally embarrassing. There were other guys there too and they were looking at me holding the stripe of paper.

The officers looked at it and told me that I was alright and urged me to sit down to wait for my turn to take the blood test.

Blood test? I thought.

No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Help me!!

I began to shiver that the guy sitting beside me looked at me.

Previously at school, Salimie demonstrated to me how the officers took his blood. First, they would use something that resembled a 'stapler' and poke your middle finger and then they would take a huge syringe and poke it into my skin, directly at my green vein.

The thought of it was gruesome.

And then it was my turn. I sat down and waited for my doom. I looked away and closed my eyes. I gritted my teeth.

I felt the officer rubbing a wet cotton wool on my middle finger before proceeding to poke me.

That's it! I'm doomed!

*Poke* And he was done.

What? I thought. And I asked, 'that's it?'

He replied, 'Yes. Now please proceed to room 4'

CURSE THAT SALIMIE!

He lied to me! When I see him in school this coming Monday, I am going to rip him apart. I made a fool of myself. Grr!

Breathe Isaac, BREATHE!

Lalalala!

We shall continue...

Then I had to proceed to Room 4; x-Ray.

The officer striked a conversation with me but I was not really keen. He told me how great it was for someone who live so near to just travel by foot to CMBP while others who were living afar have to travel by cab and waste a great amount of cash.

He was friendly indeed.

Then it was my turn. I opened the door and...

BAM!

The door had hit someone. Immediately, I entered the room to check out who it was. If it was an officer, then I will be in deep shit. But no, it was not. It was the same guy that I ran into in the toilet minutes ago.

Yet again, I apologized.

That was the second time I bumped onto him. And I hope there would not be a next time.

Bleah!

In the X-ray room, I was told to remove my shirt and move towards this big mean looking equipment. My stomach and chest were pressed on the surface of the machine and I had to look straight.

Officer: Okay. Now you shall take a deep breathe in... breathe out.

I do as I was told.

Officer: Breathe in hard... breathe out again.

Evil Twin: Oi hurry up lah!

Officer: Now, breathe in.... hold there.

And then I heard a sound.

Officer: Okay, it's done. Now please proceed to the eye examination room.

Evil Twin: Yeah, yeah, yeah!

Upon reaching the room, I was greeted by three officers. Then I was told to read 6 numbers in dotted colors on the card. I could actually mistake the number 74 as 71 but soon after, I amended my mistake by telling them that it was 74 instead of 71.

Then they told me to stand at a yellow box that was in a certain range with the big board of alphabets in front me. I had to read the third line from the bottom, left to right with my right eyes covered with a card and vice versa.

I think I did well.

And so I did.

But I wasn't to keen to move to my next station; Dental.

As expected, my teeth were not in good condition. Buy hey, there were others in front of the line that did terribly than me. So I didn't feel ashamed though.

And then I had to proceed to the 2nd last room, ECG and body checkup.

Finally, it's going to be over!

I took my height and weight. I love the part when I come to know what my actualy weight is.

Height: 1.70

Weight: 58.6

Angel: Bravo Isaac. You have lost nearly 13kg in two months time. From 70kg to 65kg to 61kg and now 58.6kg.

Evil Twin: Oh shut up angel!

Then I had to take my blood pressure as well as cardiogram. After which, I had to take a queue number to see the doctors in one of the many rooms.

They had to check our backbones and testicles.

Salimie did told me once that I had to strip to nothing in front of 5 doctors in the room while I let them oogle at my big dick intensely.

But that's a fiction.

The fact is that there was only one doctor.

SCREW YOU SALIMIE!

He lied to me again.

Then I realized I had completed all 6 stations excluding the amplitude test. I let out a huge sigh of relieved that everything was all over.

I had to proceed to the very last room which was the amplitude test. But I was informed that they had shut down all th computers and closed the room for the day as it was getting pretty late.

Damn!

So I had to book an appointment to take the amplitude test on another day which was so troublesome. Why can't I finish all this at one go! Grrr!



Old Man: *Yawns* Is it over? ... How wonderful! Your NS medical checkup entry is so long winded. I was bored to death!

Evil Twin: Go to hell!

Signing Off,

Shah Rizal Isaac



No comments:

Post a Comment