Ads

Monday, November 15, 2004

"Love is like an autumn morn; crisp and cool and the essence of exhilaration."



They held on for a few moments, just like that. Lost in each other, lost in time. A smile crept across both their faces, spreading from ear to ear. Two smiles glowing in the darkness. It was day...but the storm and the clouds hovered above, causing an eerie atmosphere.



Neither Bianca nor Isaac noticed, however. They were focused on each other. Arms around each other, foreheads pressed lightly together, the day seemed bright for them.



"Wow." Isaac whispered. It was all he could say. There was absolutely no words to describe what was going on in his mind, her heart, her body, her soul...THEIR soul. He reached up and tenderly stroked Bianca's cheek, wiping away her tears.



As for Bianca, she could not even muster a meager "wow". Her heart was in her throat, causing her not to be able to speak, for fear it would not be real. What had just happened, what she had felt, she had never felt anything that intense in her life. This was the moment she had waited for for so long. For love. For tenderness. For electricity. And now, she had felt all that, and more. So much more.



"I've waited for this for so long." Isaac whispered. "I wish I could have let myself beleive this was real earlier. I wish I could turn back time, and save you the hurt I caused. I wish..." Isaac couldn't finish, for Bianca put a single finger over his lips, silencing him.



"No, Isaac...don't. This is all I could ask for. No looking back in the past. No regrets for past decisions. It's just you and me...now. Not back then. We're here NOW and that's all that matters." Bianca whispered.



She removed her finger, and replaced it with her lips. A sweet peck. "You.." she whispered. Another soft kiss. "Me..." Another one. "Together..." And again. "Now..." This time Bianca brought her lips to Isaac's for a long, deep kiss. She could stay like this forever. She wanted to. She never wanted to leave...never wanted to let Isaac out of her sight.



Isaac smiled. He'd never dreamed it would be like this. If he had of known, Isaac knew he would have never even tried to build a wall. "Right...we're together now. Always. We'll go slow...we'll take our time. But I love you, Bianca. I love you."



Tears flowed from Bianca's eyes. "I love you. More than I think you will ever know. More than I will ever be able to show you..." Bianca said, quoting Isaac from the night before. It seemed right to say it now.



Isaac's mouth dropped open. He started to say something but changed his mind. He smiled. It was perfect. It was right.



"Well well well, isn't this sweet." A voice said from behind them.



Jumping, they turned around. They gasped. Isaac instinctively put his arm around Bianca.



It was Michael. He looked mad. Insane, even. There was a wild look in his eyes.



And he had a gun.




Isaac could only stare at the gun in Michael's hand, pointing towards the two of them. He wrapped his arms around Bianca, trying in some small way to protect her with his body. The two of them hovered together, the rain pouring down, soaking them and Michael.



"Oh, would you two quit it with the sappy love fest already?" Michael spat out, narrowing his eyes. He motioned the gun to the side. "Get away from her, Isaac. Step over there."



When Isaac didn't move, Michael became even angrier. "I SAID, MOVE IT!" He raised the gun to point at Isaac, who still stood right where he was.



Bianca was scared. She didn't want Isaac to let her go, she didn't want to let go of Isaac. But he had the gun pointed right at him...



"Isaac..." Bianca whispered. "Do what he says."



Isaac didn't want to...God, he didn't want to let go of Bianca.



"Isaac, just do it. I'll be ok. We'll be ok." Bianca assured him. But that was a lie. She wasn't ok. She didn't know if they were going to be ok.



Michael snorted a laugh. "Well, I wouldn't be too sure about that, sweetcheeks. Isaac and I here have a lot of unfinished business, so to speak."



Isaac slowly backed away from Bianca. He felt as if his heart were ripping in two. He didn't have a good feeling about this. Not at all. Think Isaac think...



"What do you mean, Michael? Is this about the other night?" Isaac asked. He had to give himself a mental pat on the back. Michael's face looed really messed up. His nose was black and purple, and it now had a flat quality to it. His lip was swollen to twice it's size, which made his smirk seem all the more evil.



Michael began to slowly walk forward towards the both of them. "No, Isaac, not about the other night. No...we had unfinished business before that." He smiled. How stupid was he? He still hadn't figured it out. "As a matter of fact, I'd say our unfinished business began...oh...about ten years ago."



Now Isaac was really confused. He hadn't even KNOWN Michael ten years ago. What in the hell was he talking about?



"I don't know what you're talking about, Michael." Isaac took in a sharp breath, and let it out slowly. "Look...whatever this 'unfinished business' is, you and I can talk about it. But let Bianca go. You've already hurt her enough. Just let her go."



Michael continued to creep forward, like a snake slithering towards it's prey. "But don't you see, Isaac? By hurting Bianca...I hurt you. It's always been about hurting you."



Bianca just stood there. Michael was crazy...insane. What was he talking about? What did he mean by 'its always been' about hurting Isaac?



"Ah yes, Crystal was first. I had to hurt her...had to make her pay. I had to make her pay for what she did to James." Michael smirked.



Isaac's eyes widened. For what Crystal did to...James... "Oh my God..." he whispered.



"Ah, so now you're catching on. Good boy." Michael was only a couple of feet away from Isaac and Bianca now. "But I still don't think you understand, do you?" There was a wild look in his eyes, a look of insanity.



Isaac shook her head. He didn't understand. How did Michael know him? How was Michael involved? James was his father...how did Michael know him?



"Ten years ago, James came to my hometown. He was running from something. Running from what, I didn't know." Michael gripped the gun harder. "I was only 16 back then. You could say I was quite the troublemaker. But James...he understood. He knew."



The thunderstorm raged on, with Isaac hoping it would drown out the sound of Michael's voice, and his words.



"He befriended me, cared about me. He took me in." Michael let out a small laugh. "My own father was too absorbed in his company, obessed with money, with fame. And when he wasn't making deals or off in some foreign country, yes, he was at home.




But not for me. No, not for Michael. Alex was his dream son, his pride and joy. I was the disgrace of the family, scorned by everyone. But James, he saw my potential, saw what I could do."



Oh my God... Isaac thought. Her blood froze. He knew my father...



"James had money. But you knew that, didn't you Isaac? After all, he WAS your daddy dearest."



Bianca gasped at Michael's last words. What...what was he talking about?



"I was sick of trying to live up to my father's expectations. I never would be accepted by him. Alex was the one he wanted, the one he loved. But James took me in. James loved me. It's all I needed...all I wanted. Just to be accepted."



Michael paused, and then went on. "My mother fell in love with him, with James. Daddy WeiLi treated her like the scum of the earth, just like he treated me. She filed for divorce, and got half of his assets. My father was a fool---he loved my mother, and married for love.




But James...he was smart. He married my mother for her money, to keep it flowing. And on top of that, he now had me for a son." Michaels eyes darkened. "He paid my way through college... and set me up to be a man that my father would regret messing with. He disiplined me, bred me to become a fighter."



Isaac's eyes narrowed. "Did he beat you too, Michael? Did he break a bottle across your face, and hit you?"



Anger flashed across Michael's eyes. "SHUT UP! JUST SHUT UP!" He shoved the gun closer to Isaac, to where it was inches from his temple. A clap of thunder cracked, and the rain poured down. Lightning flashed, causing him to light up with a eeire glow.




"He DISIPLINED, Isaac! Not beat...he DISIPLINED. It was to make me stronger, to make me tougher. To help me face my father, the great and almighty WeiLi. I needed it, Isaac...it was for my own good. He loved me, that's why he did it."



Isaac shrunk back. Michael was really scaring him now. He really believed that what James had done to him was out of love. God, he was sick.



Michael laughed. "Scaring you now, am I? Good...you need to be afraid."



Bianca couldn't beleive what she was hearing. No, this couldn't be happening. This couldn't be right.



Michael laughed again, and brought the gun up to his head and scratched his temple with it. "For years James was more like a father to me than my actual father was. He was the man I looked up to, who I admired.




And then, the bastard became sick. James, the man who I had spent 7 years working to please, to become stronger, tougher for, became sick."



Letting out a yell, Michael kicked the side of the boathouse. "He became weak. He let his gaurd down, he let the sickness take him over. And he told me about you. He told me about you. As he was on his deathbed, fighting the cancer, I learned more about you than I cared to know.




He was sorry, he loved you, he never should have left. Over and over he said it. Like he was trying to embed it in my brain that he loved you, not me." Michael let out a disgusted cough.



"I spent 7 years of my life dedicating myself to him, and in the end, he betrayed me. What I had done for him meant nothing. He didn't care about me. I wasn't his blood, I wasn't his son. But you...he cared for you. You betrayed him. But you were his last thought."



Michael stopped, and breathed hard...long, slow breaths. "The bastard died soon after. And I vowed then and there I would get revenge. I would get revenge you. It was ME he should have loved, ME he should have asked for.




I was there till the end of his life, like a true son. Like a loyal son. But it was because of YOU that I didn't get the love I deserved, the love I had worked so hard to get. I knew I had to make you pay."





"You bastard..." Isaac whispered, fury overtaking him. But he couldn't move. No...he had the gun. He couldn't move.



Bianca's heart stopped. She couldn't breathe. No...



Bianca clenched her jaw and tried to keep the tears from falling. Why was he doing this? Why?



"I lucked out when you came to town. But I couldn't show myself yet. No...not yet. But soon. I observed, and then, the perfect plan came. What better way to get to you than through Bianca?" A clap of thunder sounded, and the rain began to pour down harder.



Isaac took in a sharp breath. No...no, he was lying. He didn't hurt Isaac to get to her. No...



The tears spilled over now, and he reached for Bianca's hand.



Michael lunged forward and slapped Isaac's hand away. "Oh no you don't....don't you move. Not a muscle. You listen." He stood between Bianca and Isaac now, he eyed on both of them.




Michael brought his hand up and caressed Bianca's cheek. Bianca reached up and slapped his hand away.



He laughed at her, a dark, sinister laugh. He looked at Isaac. "Tonight, is the night when you FINALLY confess your love for Bianca here. My plan wasn't to kill you...it was to kill Bianca. I was going to take what was closest to you. But I can't only take her life, now can I? That wouldn't be very smart. Then you would run to the police, wouldn't you? And everyone knows they would believe you over me."



Michael began to back up, slowly, keeping his eyes on both of them. "The two lovers will never get to explore their love. Not tonight. Not ever. Just like I never got to know love, to feel the love of a father." He pointed the gun towards Isaac.



"Goodbye, Isaac..." He whispered. Slowly he began to pull the trigger.



"NOOOOOOOOOO!" Bianca screamed. She turned to Isaac, and as if in slow motion, pushed Isaac out of the way.



BANG! BANG!



Two shots pierced the air. Thunder cracked, and lightning flashed.



Two bodies fell to the ground.



"Haha!" Michael laughed. "Goodbye!"



Bianca looked at Isaac, "Nooo..."



I'll draw your arms around my waist

Then all doubt I shall erase

I'll paint the rain that softly lands on your wind-blown hair




Isaac held Bianca's hand. Looking softly at her, she smiled and brought his hand to Bianca's cheek. She stroked it softly, and leaned in for a tender kiss.



I'll trace a hand to wipe your tears

A look to calm your fears

A silhouette of dark and light

While we hold each other oh so tight




Isaac, "Live on, Bianca."




I'll paint a sun to warm your heart

Swearing that we'll never part

That's the colour of my love



Isaac leaned in for one more kiss, and closed his eyes. He was so grateful that he had Bianca. Isaac didn't know what he would do without her. Bianca was his other half, his soulmate. She was just as much a part of Isaac as Isaac himself was.



I'll paint the truth

Show how I feel

Try to make you completely real

I'll use a brush so light and fine

To draw you close and make you mine



"I will never leave you Isaac." Bianca whispered, "Never..."



I'll paint a sun to warm your heart

Swearing that we'll never part

That's the colour of my love




"Even in death, we would still be together. For they were one. Each was a part of the other, each completed the other. " she said softly.



And with this ring our lives will start

Swearing that we'll never part

I offer what you cannot buy

Devoted love until we die...




With a smile on her face, she fell into a deep sleep.




A taste of heaven only happens...



Once in a blue moon.



Signing Off,

Shah Rizal Isaac



No comments:

Post a Comment