Ads

Tuesday, August 17, 2004

School Library Management is a Fark Up

Warning: This entry contain explicit content.

I swear that I will never step my foot into the school library EVER again. The management is atrociously poor, and the environment is not conducive to self-revising and reading your books in peace. I would rather visit the toilet umpteen times, not that I want to, but rather than setting my foot into the library.



I am pissed at the person in charge and her team members. They did not do a very good job and I was the least impressed by their working attitude, well, except for the kind Indian girl and the quiet reserved guy. But everyone sucked to the core. *Shakes head in displeased.*



Two weeks ago, I lost my handphone in the library but I did not pursue the matter as for I was partly blamed. Yes, of course, it's due to my careless nature but then again the librarian should bear part of the blame and not entirely shifting it to me! They should be more attentive at their work.



For example; the girl who was on duty when my handphone was stolen was surfing the bloody net. Well, she was so engrossed that she did not even care or bother to look up a minute or two to check if everything was looking alright in the library.



At that time, when I realize that I lost my handphone, I was panicky and not in a state of mind to think. The first thing I did was to approach the librarian to check the surveillance camera but however, that camera was blocked by a wall so they could not trace the suspect.



The person in charge might as well rip off that fuck up camera from the ceiling and place it at a strategic place instead. One thing that you all should know is that my school library is by far the worst place I've been; they are lacking of so many stuffs, books are tattered and torn but they are still for loan, and the noise level is supremely high - might as well turn it into another cafeteria.



Talking about the books there - I borrowed several and found out that there were so many missing pages. What I suggest is that the books should be thrown away and they should buy new sets instead of keeping the tattered ones which are of no use.



Back to where I left...



The person in charge claimed that they could not do anything about my lost handphone and that they won't be liable to any damages or lost of valuable items. FUCK YOU. That's a load of bullshit. My bag was just placed on the shelves which was only a few CENTIMETERS away from the librarian's desk. How could she ever possibly be so cock eye to miss the culprit.



She was irresponsible and claimed that she was not aware of the situation. She acted blindly and did not take full responsibilities of it.



Person-In-Charge: You should be more careful next time.



What? Are you cursing me that there will be a next time?



Person-In-Charge: We can't do anything.



For that very moment, I wished I had slap the person in charge several times or probably bang her head against the wall. She gave me an arrogant face indicating that she was the supreme one and everyone else was low-class to her. Yes, of course she was the person in charge but the library does not belong to her. She is just one of the minions. MINIONS, I say!



I stood there hoping that she would lend a helping hand but she completely ignored me and turned away. I can and will bring this up to the school board to tell them that she is completely incompetence.

I will not respect someone who is arrogant selfish and a bitch even though they are older than me. So what?

They should instead replace the shelves with lockers to assure the students that their bags are kept safely and that the shelves won't always have to be messy. Sometimes, the shelves are so packed and occupied that the students would just stacked their bags on the floors.

And the computers at the library are all faulty. One with keyboard error, one without internet connections, one with monitor problems and another infected with virus. Come on! Do your jobs librarians! They are faulty, shouldn't they be repaired. Students have been complaining about it. Take actions now! Or do you expect the computers to be covered with cob-webs.



Yes, some of the students may be aggressive at handling the computers but what about the later people who wants to use the computer? They will be disappointed to know that the computers are not functioning and decided not to patronize the library anymore. I noticed the drops of the number of people visiting the library. Tsk. Tsk.



If you won't take any actions, then I will send in a complain letter to the administration office. Yes, I will without any hesitation. I'm very pissed with the management.



Another incident happened at school hours ago when I was supposed to return my overdue books. I have to admit that I am forgetful but not always. Shockingly, my books are already due for a year and I have left them to rot at home. But I had finally come to return them.



However, I was banned from borrowing any books from the library for 5 freaking months. Who cares when there are other libraries which I can borrow books from. And then the person in charge said the words that shocked me.



"Your books are overdue for too long. A year, can you imagine that? And there were cases that those people who did not return their books or are already due for too long did not get their certs after they graduated, even for first timers."



Okay, is there any connections at all with the certs and the overdue books. Fuck no! Hey, you do not set the fucking rules. Only the higher management of the school does. What a bitch, thinking that she is the great one, setting rules and creating fear among the students. Well bitch, I am so not frightened a single bit. In fact, I begin to hate and despise you.



Firstly, if the books are overdue, we can jolly well pay the fine. And if you want ban those people from borrowing books, go ahead. No big deal. But if you ever FUCKING mentioned that we will not get the our cert when we graduated, I suggest you do as follow:



Fuck an old man with a rotten dick or shove it to your big foul mouth. Best still, take the scissors and sniped away your nipples, and you will bleed to death due to excessive blood loss!



Three words for you: FUCK OFF BITCH!



You do not have the priority to set those rules. You're just a librarian, in other words, you're nothing. You just oversee and ensure that the library is in orderly manner and that the books are all returned. Apart from that, you do not have the right to even threaten us.



You're not a big shot, you're not the school director. To me, you are far more worst than a cleaner. You're nothing to me. I can twirl you around my finger that easily.

I, of course, at that point of time, was calm and compose. I nodded my head unwilling and tried to give in to her. But she was being unreasonable.

Person in Charge: You still have one more book that you have not returned.

Me: I already did four months ago. I passed to one of your librarians.

Person in Charge: No, it's not keyed in which in other words means that you have not return the book.

Me: I did, and it was four months ago.

Person in Charge: Did you lost the book?

Me: No. I already returned the book.

Person in Charge: Then you should have return to me personally since its overdue for quite awhile.

And I was thinking, "You were not there at time, so I returned it to the one of the student librarians. How could I FUCKING KNOW THAT I HAVE TO APPROACH YOU INSTEAD, YOU BITCH."

Me: I...

And then she interrupted me and accused me of not taking proper care of my book. What? I already returned the bloody book. What more do you want? Chop off my head and feed it to the tiger?

Person In Charge: go up to the second floor and try to locate the book under the fiction column.

So now, you're instructing me. Shouln't the librarians be doing that instead.

Breath Isaac, breath. I proceeded to the second floor with Michelle and search for the book but to no avail. We returned empty handed and reported to the person in charge.

She however was still so persistent thinking that I did not return the book. Damn! And then her recruits came and surrounded me.

1st librarian talking to the person in charge: What book did he lost?

Let me repeat again over here if you still do not understand me. I ALREADY RETURNED THE BOOK!

Person in charge: He lost a book and he can't find it.

*Slaps my forehead and shook my head in displease*

Person in charge: Okay, go and look for the book.

The 1st librarian already wanted to walked up the stairs but then...

Person in Charge to 1st librarian: Not you. I'm asking the boy to do it.

My face turned red; I was fuming mad. Me again? Am I your slave? I was still controlling my temper and went up to search for the book again.

But before I could do so. She halted me and told me that if the book is still found, I have to compensate.

I stared at her and tried not to flare up.

Minutes later, when I went back to the desk, the person in charge was already gone. Okay! That was the final straw.

Me to the 2nd librarian: You know what, just tell me the cost of the book and I will pay for it.

2nd librarian: I don't know. Wait if she come back already, I ask her ok? For the mean time, you just leave your class and contact number yah?

Me: Fine.

And I left the library in a huff. No words could describe how agitated and angry I was.

Bloody pissed,

Shah Rizal Isaac



No comments:

Post a Comment