Ads

Sunday, August 15, 2004

Olympic Fever



I stayed up till morning just to watch the opening ceremony of the Olympic Games. The whole event was spectacular and I was really mesmerized; the beautiful fireworks, the parades, the athletics from the different countries coming out to the stadium one by one waving to the spectators and they cheering on their countries. It was a wonderful sight.



I continued watching and waited for the moments when the Singapore athlectics walk into the stadium but I guessed it would take quite a while since it was only Panama's turn and they were announcing the contingents of participating countries in alphabetical order.



I yawned and fell asleep on the sofa for quite some time and woke up upon hearing a scream that eventually came from the t.v; Michael Jackson's number one commercial. Then I realized I had slept for a while and thought that I had missed the part where the athletics from Singapore marched in and greet the spectators. I frowned.



And then I watched and saw that they were still at the letter R - Russia. It was already 3.45 in the morning but Singapore was still not out yet. And I was wondering whether the earlier contigents of countries were exhausted from hours of waiting.



I nearly gave up and wanted to switch off the t.v but then I saw the Singapore contigent marching in. Finally! I sat back at the sofa and continued watching. Ronald Susilo, our badminton player was carrying our Singapore flag proudly while the other athletics were walking along with him. Ah! For a moment, I felt so proud of being a Singaporean. =)



I wish Singapore the best of luck at the Athens Olympic Games!



Signing Off,

Shah Rizal Isaac

No comments:

Post a Comment