Ads

Thursday, August 26, 2004

The One With The Swimming Trunks and The Lady Sales Assistant



It was atrociously hilarious and I had to control my laughter for that five very minutes. It happened hours ago, while I was window shopping at Sports Link.



I was browsing through the tennis rackets when I overheard a conversation between a middle-age man and a sales assistant who was a lady in her forties on my left.



I took a glimpse at them and they were currently deciding on what swimming trunks the man should buy. And I guessed that the lady was quite uncomfortable with the questions that was asked by the man.

I moved a few steps closer to them, pretending that I was scanning through the shirts. Yes, I know. I'm such a busybody. Haha. But I was eager of what they were talking about.

The man had various designs of swimming trunks to choose from but he asked the sales assistant which one will suit him best. That was not really the worse question he asked.

The Man: Erm, I'm choosing this and it's size 32. Do you think the size is okay for me?

Sales Assistant: *Hesitated* I think 32 is too small for you. Why not trying size 34.

The Man: But isn't size 34 too big for me?

And then he wrapped the swimming trunk round his neck, checking out for the measurements and said, "It's a bit too big."

Sales Assistant: Why don't you go to the fitting room and try it out.

But I was thinking - Isn't it unhygienic to try on swimming trunks? What if you found out that it doesn't suits you and you place it back to the shelves. And then other people will buy it over without knowing that someone else has try it out before?

Fortunately, the man did not try it on.

Man: No No! I don't want to try it on. I'll take this okay? But do you think it's spacious?

And then another sales assistant came forward to help the distress lady.

The Other Sales Assistant: Can I help you?

And then I walked out from the store, bursting into laughter.



Signing Off,

Shah Rizal Isaac



No comments:

Post a Comment