Ads

Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Blur...



Mum: Is there any lessons tomorrow? If there aren't any, I will make reservations at Royal Plaza Hotel for dinner.



Me: Definitely, there aren't any lessons tomorrow so you can rest assure that I will be going with you and you can make those reservations now. *smiles to my mum*



This will be like one of the very first family outings we had in a few months so I'm really anticipating over it. And I will not be eating for breakfast and lunch as I will be gobbling up all the food like a hungry ghost at dinner; it's a buffet, you see.



And then I received a call. "Isaac, have you study for your upcoming test tomorrow?"



I looked blurred and confused as I thought there isn't any lessons tomorrow but then my classmate spoke with confident, telling me that school is per normal and the holiday only applies to the primary and secondary school.



My jaw dropped. Shocked. And I hung up on her immediately for I wanted to stop my mum from reserving a place at the hotel. But it was too late. The call got through and the reservations has been made.



I told my mum and she reprimanded me for ASSUMING that there was no school the next day when there is. Now she and I have to think of plan B since she doesn't want to cancel the reservations.



Mum: You ah... Why so blur like sotong.



I then suggested to her that I could bring along my home attire and rush to the place after immediately after I knock off from school. Good idea, she said.



The dinner will be starting at 6.30PM and I will be finishing my lessons at 6PM. So I had 30 minutes in my hands. If I were to board a bus to Hotel Royal, it will take me 40 - 55 minutes. Nope. I strike that out of my mind since I won't be able to get there in time.



If I were to board the MRT, it will probably take me about 20 minutes or so, but not forgetting , I have to alight at the interchange at City Hall and board the North-East line train and then walk a distance before I reach the hotel. All adds up; 40 - 45 minutes. Not a good idea too.



So my mum told me to take a cab and she will give me extra allowance to pay for the taxi fare. Hooray. Not time consuming, energy saving but money wasting! But hey, I get to benefit from it. I don't have to rush! Haha!



Or if the lessons ended 10 to 15 minutes early, I could take the train instead and walked a few distances and pocket the money that my mum gave. Its money saving yah? I still get to benefit from it.



Problem settled.



Now my test. I haven't study for it! I clean forgotten that there will be a test tomorrow. Sian~ Er, I mean boring...



Anyway, I'm too tired to study for it today so I shall revise my work early in the morning.



Signing off,

Shah Rizal Isaac

No comments:

Post a Comment