Ads

Tuesday, August 3, 2004

Kept In The Dark



I do not like to be left behind or be kept in the dark. It's really upsetting and degrading when you realized that you are the last one to know about certain things.



Scenario:



Mary: Hey Lucy, let's go to Paragon. I need to buy a new dress for Jason's party tomorrow night.



Lucy: What? Jason is holding a party? But I didn't know about it.



Mary: You mean you are unaware of it? Didn't you receive any invitations from Jason personally or didn't his friends suppose to convey the message to you?



Lucy: Duh! No! If they did I wouldn't be asking you right now! *Ponders* Why wasn't I invited?



I had always assume that nobody was able to access and play Darkthrone at home but least did I expect that I was being fooled. Two days ago, I overheard a conversation between my two best buddies, Michelle and Tommy and was really overwhelmed.



I was utterly shocked to know that they had been playing the game at home. How is that possible? Basically, they finally knew the configurations and adjust the settings to the game's requirements. But the thing is they did not informed me about their discovery.



So finally, they came clean with me. Well not actually until I asked them. Me: Are you able to play the online game, Darkthrone?



Michelle: No... *Looking suspicious* Actually, can already. You wait, I ask Tommy to help you with the proxy settings.



Isaac: Erm, okay.



Tommy: Isaac, do you want to play Darkthrone?



Isaac: Oh well, I'm quite bored of the game already and nowadays I'm quite preoccupied with school work.



*But actually I was fuming mad that they had kept me in the dark for quite some time. I was not mad because that I was not able to play the game for the past few days but for the fact that they did not want to tell me that they were able to play the game at home already!



Damn! It's like a tight slap across your butt!



Finally, I asked Michelle why wasn't I informed. She, however, tried to be as tactful as she could but still, it wasn't good enough.



Michelle: Aiyah, because you too ambitious. We scared you will overpower us.



*Ponders* No! Michelle's reasonings was not conclusive enough. Like duh! I'm too ambitious and will overpower them? Nonsense. What I can see now is that they are overpowering me instead.



Their levels were higher than mine. Their defenses, offenses, they had more army soldiers, upgrade to a supreme level but me! - I was weaker. Now you tell me how is that possible for me to be superior than them.



It makes no sense at all. Full stop.



But they're good people and its just a game. =)

Signing off,

Shah Rizal Isaac



No comments:

Post a Comment