Ads

Thursday, August 5, 2004

Rotten Luck...



I'm down with a rough patch recently and I'm always feeling moody and frustrated. I, myself, have no idea why have I been acting so strangely nowadays. Maybe I am having PMS? Oh, no no, I'm just kidding. Probably I'm feeling this way because lady luck is not with me.



I'd lost my expensive hand phone, Nokia 3660, earlier this week and my mum railed at me for hours for losing it and she kept emphasizing that she had bought it with her money and not mine. And that I should have taken proper care of it. But thank God, my mum didn't ground me. It's all because of my negligence but hey, it's not totally my fault!



Firstly, the librarian wasn't doing her duty. Why was that so? Because she was surfing net when the incident happened. She should have paid attention to her surroundings and watched the surveillance camera every time to look out for suspicious behavior.



She was of course feeling guilty as her face has shown it all. She apologized to me but hey, I was actually smittened by her so I let it go. But then again, it's not totally her fault. I should be more careful next time, not to leave my belongings at places which will attract thieves.



I was disappointed to know that there were actually people who would steal in a school where people are constantly walking around. So the person was really bold enough to make that move of stealing my hand phone.



Anyway, it does not matter to me anymore as I already have a new hand phone, Nokia 6600, which was bought at the price of $500++. Well, actually it was my mum who had bought it for me and she told me to be really cautious this time round.



Of course, I will. I won't be that reckless as before. =)



Secondly, I had a tiff with my good friend, Sugeendra Devi. In an unexpected turn, I lost my temper at her and she was, of course, utterly shocked. The others who were present at the scene were also taken aback. None of them interfered for they feared I might lose my temper on them too.



After I had calmed down, I realized that I was very aggressive and that I had made a terrible mistake. Definitely, she was my good friend and I shouldn't have raised my voice at her. All I have to do was to talk terms with her but it's a tad to late for that.



Our friendship has already been shaken by me. Argh!



Now, I find it very difficult to face her in school everyday and furthermore, each time we were asked to do tasks or projects, I and her will always be assigned to the same group. So now, I will feel really awkward.



In the evening, when I was about to reach my home, while crossing the streets, I was actually in a daze and wasn't paying attention to my surroundings. A Mercedes Benz honked at me a few times before I started to realize that I was obstructing the car's way.



Eventually, the car was moving at a very slow speed. If not, I would have been hit. I was numb and my legs were like jelly at that moment. I tried to calm myself down.



I was feeling so frustrated and angry at myself. But at night, I confided with D.D and I felt much better and calmer. D has always been supportive of me and all the decisions that I make.



However, on D.D's birthday, which was yesterday, I lost my temper again. We had purchased a pair of ticket, The Village, but we still had 10 minutes more before the movie started so we decided to buy the mini ice-cream.



We checked the time again and it was almost time for us to go in but D.D was still eating the ice-cream. I emphasized to D.D that D.D cannot bring the ice-cream in because we will be stopped by the ticketing people.



However, D.D did not head my advice and decided to overwrite the rules by bringing the ice-cream in. As expected, we were stopped and I was angry at D.D. I reprimanded D.D for not listening to me and gave D.D the silent treatment.



Then, I realized that I shouldn't have done that since it was D.D's birthday. I apologized to D.D and told D.D that I've not been myself lately.



I am absolutely upset with myself! Argh.



A few hours ago, I lost a ten dollar note but luckily I didn't lose my entire wallet! Damn! What rotten luck!



Signing off,

Shah Rizal Isaac

No comments:

Post a Comment