Ads

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Beautiful, Simply Beautiful

I have some favorite words... words that I like to hear and use. Some sound beautiful, and others represent ideas that are beautiful. Some do both. I've seen lists of words labeled "the most beautiful words in the English language."

Usually the lists have peaceful-sounding, mellifluous words.... in fact, mellifluous is on some of the lists. Words like melody, caress, gossamer, velvet, tranquil, twilight and murmur. Or willow, hush, golden and whisper. One writer says home is the most beautful word. I think I agree with him.

One of the most unusual words to make a list of beautiful words was bobolink. hmm I wouldn't have thought of that one, although I won't argue the point.

Someone else said two of the most beautiful words are summer afternoon. I might be convinced if I could read and nap the afternoon away in some cool, shady spot.

Beautiful words.

No comments:

Post a Comment