Ads

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Rectifying Problems / Handlin` Alone

I was so so busy for the past few days, I couldn't even breathe properly. It's like I was choked. It's like I was being strangled. I had so many things to do.

With the other two medics away again for combat shooting, I was yet again left alone at the company, trying to take all the flying darts.

I had to settle the men's medical appointments, clean the medic corner and sort out the status and M.Cs. And I had to do all that by myself.

I, being the quiet one and the other two being the loud, pushy ones always can't co-ordinate with me. Wait, correction. It was used to. Now we're trying to work together. Hopefully we are.

Just now, in the morning, after I handed my duty over, I was thrown with a problem that was so great. Actually, it wasn't mine to even solve. It was Rashidi's.

There're not enough genesis (oxygen tank) and we took up the last one which was meant to be for the other exercise.

Rashidi had to make a choice of still wanting to ask his officer to continue conduct SOC or should he cancel it else he will jeapordize himself.

I stubbed in, hoping that I could rectify the problem. It took like an hour to finally solve everything. I was happy for myself that even though I wasn't appointed to be the stand-in company medic, I proved useful to many.