Ads

Monday, June 18, 2007

Things Come To An End

My life isn't all that perfect. Yes, I may be buying so many clothes, staying at so many hotels, spending my money like some rich boy. And with family, friends and significant other supporting me.

Here's the thing, things aren't that perfect afterall.

Throughout my 22 years of life, I have made alot of enemies and losing friends along the way. It saddens me sometimes to know that I can't really be a good friend.

It's sad that I'm feeling sad for myself. Why is life playing a big joke on me? People, my enemies, often, say to me, "Hope you get your just deserve."

I'm getting it now.

I'm losing my friends. Things doesn't go the way I wanted it to be. People are standing up on me. Their every mood swings will affect my every decisions. And having my significant trusting outsiders rather than trusting me instead.

Having to stand in the rain yesterday night and today morning woke up my senses.

I don't wish to lose any more people.

I just realized something really saddening. My phone contact list is full. I can't save anymore numbers.

"Are you trying to tell us you have many friends, Issac?" you may ask.
Yes, I have like 400 contacts in my handphone but how many do bother to call me to ask of my well-being? How many friends are my confidant? Sadly, I can count them with only both my hands.


My friend once said before he went overseas to study, "One friend is equal to having 10 friends. It doesn't really mean anything if you have hundreds and hudreds of friends. You know why? It's because they are just merely friends, Hi-Bye friends, friends that barely talk to you."


He continued, "You have so many friends, how can you manage to dedicate all your time to all of them? They won't be your close friends. They won't be your genuine friends. They will go eventually. Your rapport with them are not strong because you have so many to entertain."
"Having one is equal to having 10 friends. He can listen to you. He can be there for you when you are in trouble. He's your confidant."


"Now tell me, how many actually know you well, paid attention to your ramblings? How many knows when your birthday is?"

Let's end it here. No more silly things from me. I shall treasure those I have now. With all this coming to an end, a new chapter will begin. My new lease of life. I know what I want to be. I don't have to tell you all. Watch and read.

I must know what I want in life. I want to be more down-to-earth. I want to make friends and not lose any. To tell more truth than to tell lies to hurt others!

Call me Issac no more. Call me Riley. Riley Ritz. So it will be Issac Riley Ritz.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous18.6.07

    My Dear Isaac...

    Another interesting entry... This time round, you made my tears well up in my eyes.

    I am still in search for a stronger word that "sorry" - for the stand in the rain and for everything else...

    You remind me so much of myself when I was about your age... searching and discovering yourself, making mistakes, finding permanence and most importantly, looking for that someone to lean on.

    For me, you are just a thought away, and in your search, I hope I will be as close to you as you are to me.

    You will do fine with most things in life. I am confident of that. As for the rest of life's challenges, I will be there. If you give me the chance...

    Be safe angel.

    ReplyDelete