Ads

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Maggie In Dark Knight?

I was like, "Huh? That's Maggie? She looked so old! OLD! OLD!"

Starring in The Dark Knight presented more of a test than actress Maggie Gyllenhaal had expected, she has admitted.

The 30-year-old is to follow in the footstep of Katie Holmes to play Bruce Wayne's childhood friend Rachel Dawes in the Batman Begins sequel and had been expecting to play a stereotypical female role in the comic book movie.

I miss Katie Holmes! I really miss her! I started liking her ever since the first movie of Dark Knight.



Holmes reportedly pulled out of the project due to a scheduling conflict, with Stranger Than Fiction star Gyllenhaal stepping in to play a lawyer inextricably linked with the Caped Crusader.

When asked if her character was a genre staple, the actress said: "There are moments of that. Chris Nolan, the director, would joke about how I had to resign myself to being a little bit of a damsel in distress.

Seriously, I didn't even realized that she was Maggie in Dark Knight. Oh well, after some research, now I know!