Ads

Tuesday, September 7, 2004

Over-Confident Which Leads to a Disappointment



I was doing my Data Communication Test and I thought it was an okay paper since I already studied for it. Upon receiving the papers, I flipped through slowly, scanning through the questions before attempting them.



A few were tough but most were okay. I was doing question number 34; state the advantages and disadvantages of a Synchronous Transmission, (8 Marks). I was confident of answering the question and thought that I would be able to give the correct answers.



But in the end, when I had completed the whole paper, submitted to the lecturer, then I realized that I had written the wrong answers. The answers that I had given were the advantages and disadvantages of Digital Transmission. How careless I was and I didn't even re-check my paper, ensuring that I had given all the correct answers.



I was too over-confident! I didn't see that coming and now I am regretting. I'm afraid that I might not do well for that paper. 8 marks, gone! Now, I pray that my other answers are correct. Damn! I should have not be too confident.



After I left the lecture room, my other two classmates informed me that the lecturer was asking for my name. *Ponders* So all this while, three months of teaching us Data Communication, he does not know my name at all!? Oh my god!



But however I was curious why he wanted to know my name. One conclusion; my hair is dyed with bright colors, gold to be precise. So I concluded that he wanted to call me out tomorrow and asked me to re-dye my hair back to black or a darker color.



That's totally fine with me but I'm too lazy to do it today. Tomorrow morning perhaps? But each time I dyed my hair back to black, it will look like a wig. Haha! Pretty outrageous indeed.



Sigh, talking about hair, I spotted a few white ones amongst my gold. Am I over-work and stressed out or is the hair dye damaging my hair? I guess I've over-work and stressed myself out.



With the numerous tests to study for and anxiously waiting for the results is another thing. If I fail, I would definitely be devastated. And If I passed, I will not be happy either as I want to score instead of getting border line marks.



I just worry about everything. I worry if I haven't done enough revision. I worry that I might flung my tests. I worry that I failed my 2.4km run and so on.



Sometimes, I worry unnecessarily. I worry that I do not have enough cash to buy new clothes. I worry of gaining weight. I worry that I may not be a good friend and a good lover. I worry that I always am worrying about so many things.



But for now what I worry most is the PCA practical test that I will be taking this coming Thursday. Seriously, I have not been paying attention to his lessons and now I am regretting.



Starting of last monday, I asked my best friend cum classmate to guide me with the PCA installation process and how to troubleshoot it. Now, I roughly get a better understanding of it but I will not stop there.



I will once again asked a few other of my classmates to guide me too.



Anoynomous: Isaac, you don't know how to troubleshoot? But I thought since the first semester, you are a straight A's student.



I was stunned and dumbfounded.



Before I end this entry, I want to tell myself, "Don't worry too much Isaac! You'll be fine!"



*Chants*



I don't want to worry. I don't have to worry. I am not going to get worried. I don't want to worry. I don't have to worry. I am not going to get worried. I don't want to worry. I don't have to worry. I am not going to get worried.



Let's repeat one more time.



I don't...



Evil Twin: *Interrupts* Shut up!



Signing Off,

Shah Rizal Isaac

No comments:

Post a Comment