Ads

Wednesday, September 1, 2004

Breakdown



I lost my handphone yet again; Nokia 6600. I already lost a handphone barely a month ago and now it happened again. Well, I did actually lost my handphone but I managed to retrieve it back 6 hours later.



Isn't it amazing? You must be thinking how could I possibly manage to find my handphone back six hours later. By then, someone else might have taken my handphone already and the chances of getting my handphone back would be rather slim.



It happened when I boarded the cab from my home to Hougang Green. I was in a rush and everything I did was in a very fast pace. I had placed my handphone in one of my bermuda's pockets.



And it might have slipped from my pocket when I was getting myself out from the cab. But I swear I did look at the seats again after closing the door ensuring that I did not leave any of my belongings behind.



And I saw nothing.



Minutes later, after buying our food and necessary fishing equipments, we proceeded to take another cab to Punggol End.



Only then when I was packing my bag neatly in the cab, I realized that my handphone was not with me. I checked my pockets but they were empty.



When we alighted from the cab, I urged D.D to stop at one of the shelters and told D.D that I had lost my handphone. I started to unpack all my stuffs from my bag and the plastic bags that I was carrying.



But it was not inside any of them. And then I figured it out that I had dropped my handphone in the first cab we took. I told myself to remain calm and urge us to resume our fishing trip.



I showed a brave front but I knew deep inside me, I was frightened and agitated. I had lost a handphone a month ago and now yet again. If my parents find out that I had just lost my handphone again, they WILL not spare me!



Immediately, I called comfort cab company and told them about my lost handphone. They gave me a lost and found file number for me to check now and then if my handphone was already retrieved.



I did not stop there; I tried calling my handphone, and it was still ringing. My conclusion was that nobody including the driver had discovered my handphone yet and I thought that would be great since the chances of my handphone being taken away by another passenger would be zilch.



But then again, the cab driver would have ferried a few new passengers since it had already been an hour. And that they could have discovered my handphone and use it to call out.



Neh! They are not that dumb. Of course, if I found a handphone, I would immediately switch it off, take out the SIM card and throw it away and just take the handphone with me.



I tried every ways; calling, sending messages to my handphone, calling the lost and found number to check if it's already found.



Hours passed and still no news. Abruptly, I felt weak and dizzy. I wanted to lie down and close my eyes badly. I kept quiet for quite sometime and then the first drop of tears rolled down my cheek.

I gave up...

But then D.D's handphone rang.

D.D: Hello...

Unknown: Hello, did anyone lost his or her handphone in my cab just now...?

D.D looked at me and I knew there was hope. I had used D.D's handphone to call my handphone countless of times and finally someone answered it - the cab driver.

D.D passed the handphone to me and I answered happily, "Is the the cab driver? Is my handphone with you?"

Cab Driver: Yes, it's with me. I'm calling you with your handphone.

Me: Can you pass my handphone back to me...Please...

Cab Driver: Sure do but I am now at Woodlands and I need to take a rest after a long day of work. I shall pass your handphone back after I take a nap.

Me: Okay but please hurry. And thank you so much! I will pay for your trip.

And we hang up.

At 2:10pm, the cab driver arrived and handed me back my handphone. I was definitely glad and thankful to him.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank the cab driver, SANUSI BIN SAIRI, for returning my handphone back.

I will, of course, write a compliment letter of you to comfort cab company! Thank you once again!

Signing Off,

Shah Rizal Isaac



No comments:

Post a Comment