Ads

Sunday, February 24, 2008

The World Out There

I saw a young lady seated opposite me in the train heading towards Boon Lay. I noticed teardrops on her cheeks. At first, I thought those were the shiny glitters on her face but never did I expect they were teardrops when I had a second glance.

She wiped off the tears on her cheeks and eyes. But still, she cried away.

I felt her.

I wanted to approach her and say...

In life, you shouldn't shed tears when you're sad. You will only shed tears when you are happy. If you cried because of your boyfriend, then you should save for your marriage. If your loved ones passed away, smile but not cry to show that you are still standing strong. And if you're sacked from your work, smile and not cry that you will be able to find another job which really suits you.

You were wearing your 7-11 uniform so my best bet was that you had to 'resign' or otherwise you might have broken up with your boyfriend.

Life is short, treasure it.

I don't cry anymore, not because I am a big boy already but I've learnt to smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment