Ads

Sunday, October 3, 2004

Train Incident; Helpless Old Man



The train was packed with working people and students and I was among one of them. Lethargic. Sleepy. And it's Monday Blue. Bleah.



As the train was speeding and making a turn, an old man who was standing in the 2nd cabin lost his balance and fell to his knee.



However, even though there were people around him, none offered to help him up. He tried to get up but his knees became wobbly and the train was still moving at a very fast speed.



All of them just looked at him and a few even pretended that he was not there at all. Nobody helped the pitiful old man.



I was standing quite a distance from him and between the old man and me were people squeezing to find a spot to stand. If I was somewhere near him, without a doubt, I will lend a helping hand.



I am utterly disappointed at how selfish and cold-hearted Singaporeans could be. In the end, he had to help himself up.



A young teenage girl even commented to her friend, "Aiyah, old man already but still running around. Should stay at home man."



My jaw dropped. How rude she was!



Signing Off,

Shah Rizal Isaac

No comments:

Post a Comment