Ads

Sunday, October 10, 2004

Forgive and Forget



After some time of thinking and pondering and scratching my head which seems a little unhygienic, - oh I was just kidding about the last part -, I'd decided to pay my good friend, Chris a visit at the hospital.



As I walked along the corridors, and as each time I took a step forward, I feel somehow nervous, sad and angry at the same time. All these emotions were rushing to my head and it'd made me giddy.



I turned right and saw his ward. His friends were outside, about to take their leave. I, on the other hand was standing behind the wall, looking at them from afar. Should I visit him? I thought.



I wanted to move forth but my legs refuse to walk. I took a deep breath and force myself to keep on moving forward till finally I reached his ward. My hands reached out for the door knob and turned it slowly.



I saw Chris, who was lying on the bed, feeling helpless, with bandages wrapped around his left leg and chest. I felt remorse but at the same time I wanted to walk away.



The door creaked and he turned to me.



"Isaac..." he said. "Don't go."



I looked at him and then closed the door behind me. There were silence but soon after, I took the first initiative to smile at him and then slowly walked towards him. "How are you?" I asked.



"I'm feeling worst, ... but after seeing you, I feel much better." he said sincerely.



I sat next to him and smiled to him again, "Don't you worry. You're going to be fine."



He reached his hand out...



I jolted from my seat and asked, "Do you want a glass of water. Don't you move around, I'll get it for you..." I said.



"No...I'm not thirsty," he replied and then wrapped his palm around my arm. "I'm sorry for what I did to you in the past."



I saw tears in his eyes.



"Hey, concentrate on your recovery and don't think too much about other stuff." I looked away.



I was going to cry too. But I controlled my tears and then looked back at him. I held his hands and told him, "No matter what, we are friends, the best of friends. And I already forgive you."



His first drop of tears fell. He smiled, "Thank you...thank you for forgiving me."



I leaned forward and gave him a hug.



"Ouch!"



I backed away, "Oh so sorry." And then he looked at me and giggled. I smiled.



The next thing you know, the room was filled with happy laughters...



Signing Off,

Shah Rizal Isaac

No comments:

Post a Comment