Ads

Saturday, October 23, 2004

My Life Is In a Turmoil.



Summarized version:



I LOST my Nokia 6600 which was worth $690, my Nokia 3100 which was worth $310 and my wallet that contained $200. Total lost = $1200. The weather wasn't on my side either; rained. Too afraid to go home, penniless, so decided to seek refuge at my friend's place.



I went home at 2pm the next day and had expected scoldings from my dad and mum. Accusations sparked. Relationship torn. Pressurized. Tormented. Sad. No words could describe how I am feeling now.



...



The Full Version:



I was gearing up to go to Geylang's bazaar with my friends. I was all elated and perky and it was a perfect weather; cloudy and windy.



Afterward, I met my friends Paya Lebar MRT station but only one arrived. The rest was late as usual. It was already 1830hours and we had only minutes left before breakfast.



So we dashed to the bazaar and find a spot to have our dinner. We settled at a coffeeshop and called the rest who were late in coming. As they could not be able to make it in time, I and my other friend would go ahead to order our food first.



And then, my handphone was indicating to me that it's low battery. So I off my Nokia 6600 and decided to swap SIM card with my the other handphone so that my friends could call me.



"Oi!"



I turned back and saw my friends already ordering his food but he was signalling to me that he was shortage of cash, so I took a couple of notes from my wallet and dashed to him.



Tick Tick Tick!



And then, the disaster strucked.



I went back to the table to realize that both my handphones and wallet WERE GONE!



I panicked. I became hysterical. I started to shout across the coffeeshop for my friend and everyone looked at me.



I wasn't in the right mind. I was terrified.



My friend, just like me, did not know what to do. I fell back to my sit and stared into blank space. I knew I was doomed. My friend comforted me but that was not enough.



I wanted my handphone and wallet back. I WANTED THEM BACK! SOMEONE HAD stolen my handphones and wallets.



The curious cum worried bystanders came towards me and asked what happened. I told them and they were shocked that such incident could happen in a crowded place.



But then again I was careless. I was stupid enough to leave my expensive valuables lying around at places that theft could emerged.



I had no mood to eat. I told my friend I had to leave and told him I will be fine. So then I was all alone....



Halfway, I felt giddy and collapsed to my feet but a kind old lady lend a helping hand. She bought me a packet of tissue and a bottle of mineral water. I thanked her and told her what happened after she questioned me.



Minutes later I continued walking till it was dark.



Without realizing I was already at Tiong Bahru. Time check: 8:02pm.



And then I called up one of my friend who was living near that place. He came down and suggested to me to make a police report and so I did.



But it was useless. They could do nothing about it. I was reprimanded for being careless and was only issued a lost logged report.



I went out of the station, tears already flowing down my eyes. What can I do now? I thought. I can't go home. I already lost my handphone two months back and now it had happened again. My parents are not going to believe me. They are going to think that I sold the handphones for profits taking.



To make things worst, it started to rain. I and my friend ran all the way back to his block and with much persuasion, I was given a place to stay for the night.



I started to cry like a little boy but my friend comforted me. I cried and cried till there was no more tears left.



Time ticked by so fast but I wasn't prepared or think of a solution to tell my mum and dad. I wanted to buy time.



The whole night, it was raining; cold and wet. I was shivering and crying again. I was lost. I was frightened. I could not sleep.



And then my friend heard my whimpering. He told me to cry out loud and if it's not enough, his shoulder was for me to cry on. I was touched.



Slowly, the night turned to morning. I woke up and brand new ideas popped out from my mind.



I must buy back the same handphone models and then I would be safe but the problem was I had no more cash with me. My friend, was kind enough to loan me for the time being but then he realized he had not enough cash with him too.



Nets was all he had. But that will do.



And then another problem came up. there was only $500 in his nets. I sighed. But another brilliant idea strucked my mind.



All I need to do is buy just one handphone and I decided to go with Nokia 3100 since it was along the budget price.



Yet again, another problem occured. I need my IC to apply for the line. Why apply a line? Because the handphone will be more cheaper.



So I decided to call people up to help me. I was desperate. There was not much time for me left.



I called and called and nearly gave up hope when suddenly I was reminded that I had a good buddy named taufik @ http://fiknetic.blogspot.com.



He was awaken by call and then I had to rush him all the way down from Bedok to Tiong Bahru. I felt guilty. I felt embarrassed. But I was really touched that I had a friend that was willing to help me in times of trouble.



I will remember you, Taufik. Thank you so much for helping.



I finally realized who are my true friends now. When I am feeling rich and lucky, they would all crowd around me but when I am feeling poor and unlucky, they all ignored me.



How atrocious!



Anyway the problem was still not solve. Too long to explain, shall cut it short. I bought Nokia 3120 instead. At least I have a handphone to show to my parents and I thought it would end with just scoldings from them but no!



A huge argument was about to take place....



Signing Off,

Shah Rizal Isaac

No comments:

Post a Comment