Ads

Wednesday, October 6, 2004

Losing Will Not Be An Option



I'd always told myself losing is and will never be an option. I would get myself ahead of others if that's neccesary even if drastic measures must be taken. I hate to lose and I know you don't like it either.



The feeling of losing is terrible, bitter; you feel as though you'd been beaten square down. Initially, I would challenge myself but because of greed and pride, I begin to compete with others. And this may lead to my downfall.



Well, childish as it seems but still I competed with my good friend, Constance of who will get more people in our Friendster account. Of course, she had two accounts and winning was on her side. A week more to decide who will emerge victory.



I didn't want to admit defeat. So I began to create four accounts instead of one. It's twice faster to add people than only having one account to do so. And then, after further tabulating, I realize I am only inches away from winning.



But, I didn't want to be too cocky yet. Only when the time comes, we shall know.



Yesterday I had Sports and Wellness and we had a little shuttle run competition. Of course, my buddy, Salimie wanted to compete with me and so did I. Neither one of us wanted to lose.



As the first round began, Salimie, Taufik and I ran at a very fast speed but we crossed at the finishing line tied.



I heard laughters and turned back and realized that Salimie's left shoe had fallen off. He didn't want to lose. He didn't want to stop running despite losing a shoe, I thought. He was determine to outrun me.



And the second round approached. Before the coach blew the whistle, I whispered to Salimie, "I will not lose..."



Yet again, Salimie's left shoe fell off but he continued running. And then he lost another. I was surprised with his determination. But in the end, I won. And I believed a few of my classmates were shocked with my undeniably fast speed.



I wanted to shine, I wanted to show to them. From there, they should know, I will not give up without a fight.



P/S: Sorry for being cocky.



Signing Off,

Shah Rizal Isaac

No comments:

Post a Comment