Ads

Monday, March 11, 2013

Society is Run So Much by Appearance


i hate how our society is run so much by appearance.
I don’t think it’s fair that the girl in the corner with a beautiful mind and heart can be overlooked as disgusting, nerdy, or even irrelevant because they don’t meet up to society’s standards of beautiful.
On the other hand, a girl with no substance, an empty shell of lipstick, foundation, and too much hairspray can be so glorified and have things handed to her so easily.
Why is it that the thing my lover mentions worries for me the most is how much i’ve been eating or how much weight i’ve been gaining?  
But at the same time i hate how i’m enslaved to the same system.  my eyes follow the scale of judgement.  unknowingly i naturally make my own bias opinions of people based on a quick glance of them.  
i wish we could all be freed from our perceptions.