Ads

Saturday, August 20, 2005

Concert By The Bay

I was thrilled when one of my friends, who was the wardrobe manager and backstage crew for the concert, gave me a pair of complimentary tickets. I went with Ashton, who was formally dressed for the occasion.

Not only the tickets were free, but the seatings were great too. the seats we had were four rows to the front stage; we had a really great view and for the first time, nobody tall was sitting in front of me.

Ah! Now I remembered. It was the 'A Nation In Concert".

Performance by Chermaine Ang as Won't, the Grub, Darius Tan as Can't, the Slug, Pierre Goh as Daren't, the Ladybird, Tony Quek, Christina Sergeant, Timothy Nga, Karen Tan, Hatta Said and Timothy Go.

And also performing are those by over a hundred beneficiaries of the Association for Persons with Special Needs (APSN), the Handicaps Welfare Association (HWA), the Singapore Association for the Deaf (SADeaf), and the Singapore Association of the Visually Handicapped (SAVH).

*Recalls* I think that are all the beneficiaries.

We read the rules and regulations and realized we were not allowed to take pictures. I can't take pictures? I thought. Then how to Blog? I need those pictures! Damn those people who set these stupid rules!

We were rather early. Practically, the theatre hall was only occupied by a dozen of people or so including us. Coincidentally, we saw another friend of us who was volunteering as the backstage crew.

As time passsed by, the concert hall was soon crowded with people locating their designated seats. Before the concert started, I secretly snapped a few pictures of how the concert hall looks like.

It was a magnificant sight. The size of the concert hall was just too overwhelming for me. I felt so tiny, so so tiny.

The lightings, the stage, the smell; they were all fabulous.

"A Nation In Concert" is about changing the self to change society, and about transformation - from indifference and self-doubt to courage and empathy. Through music, drama, dance and the magic of theatre, we hope "A Nation In Concert" will inspire us all to venture beyond our comfort zone and discover the strength within ourselves to change the world for the better.

Seated at the same row as us were the Channel News Asia journalist and News Anchorage. I could only remembered one of their names and that was Timothy Go, who also owns a blog at livejournal.

There were alot of popular and famous people. I was starstruck!

Overall, the performances were great and at the end of the day, I've learnt alot of things.

The show charts a delightful journey of laughter, learning and love. This is a concert drama with a difference. Touching songs, groovy dances and colourful drama set against the grandeur of the transformed Esplanade Concert Hall.

Towards the end of the concert, I cried.

*Sighs*

But hey, I got to take picture with Timothy Go!

However, the picture taken was really blur. Well, just my face...

Aaron! The picture you took is blur! I'm going to kill you for that!

Just kidding.

Anyone who can turn my blurred face into a clear one or anyone who can photoshop this picture into a clearer one, save this picture, photoshop it and sent it to my e-mail @ icyboy85@gmail.com.

I will really really appreciate it!

Signing Off,
Shah Rizal Isaac

No comments:

Post a Comment