Ads

Thursday, July 28, 2005

Sleep Deprived

I am absolutely exhausted. I am so deprived of sleep at the moment, its bordering on the near fatal. The is mostly because of my current run of night-terrors which I've had each night this week.

Night-terrors are not nightmares. Well, yes I suppose they are, but just imagine you have a really terrifying, world-endingly scare nightmare. Then wake up. And it doesn't stop.

This is how it works: I have a small retinue of characters which have various fright levels. There are the blue ladies (skulls for faces), the pig-face boy (he has piggy eyes and a snout), the man with an elastic neck (he sticks his head under the door when its closed so I just see this head on an really stretched neck) and the terrifying black-clothed man (who likes to stand over me with his machete drawn).


There are a number of minor frighteners like the foot-long scorpion and the dripping ceiling, but its the 'characters' who are the Freddie of my world.

So, imagine waking up terrified of something, looking around and seeing whatever it was that was scaring the shit out of you - all the while knowing you are awake. You would scream at the top of your voice wouldn't you? I have sympathetic neighbours.

If the terror is a really vivid one, they'll sometimes interact with the real people, stepping out of the way, etc. although most of the time they don't move, but I am filled with a belief that they are just about to.

Machete guy has appeared every night this week, and he is by far the most frightening. This has made me run around the house in the buff, glistening with sweat and opening screaming my head off until the missing bits of reality slow resolve.


It looks like I'm conducting an act of pagan worship. Partner and cats are now totally accustomed to ignoring this (there's love for you) resulting in the doubly horrific event last night when sweaty naked man collided with black cat which, in itself, has provided the stuff of many more night-terrors to come.

Just kidding.

I'd not slept for the past 37 hours. At first, it really wasn't that bad because I still felt the rush of energy in me. But soon after, it got me and without a doubt, I began to drag myself and keeping myself awake till it's really time to sleep, which was when I reached home.

I will blog more about yesterday's happenings.

Signing Off,
Shah Rizal Isaac

No comments:

Post a Comment