Ads

Saturday, July 2, 2005

A Deadline

I could remember vividly what I dreamt. When I woke up, I felt petrified. I was almost engulfed with fear. The dream was like a hint and there was even a deadline - 14 days.

I was being warned by an old woman in a black hooded dress that if I do not ensure that the tasks are being completed, tragedy will befall, not on me but my friends.

Of course, you might say, it will not happen as it is only a dream but I beg to differ. Several times I dreamt, it came true. This time it's not an exception. Weird I am you may think but that's how things will be.

I was walking on the busy streets of Orchard Road with my friends, Dallas, Roy, Zeke, Gregory and Ashton. We were busily chatting away while walking to our destination.

However, I paused when I saw an old lady staring at me. She wore a black hooded dress. I looked at her in puzzlement as to why she was wearing something like that in this sunny weather.

Somehow, I felt as if she was coming near to me but she was not even moving. Weird it was. Abruptly, time seemed to stood still. I became jumpy when I saw the old woman standing beside me.

She grabbed my hands and had a grip like a vice. I shouted but nothing came out from my mouth.

Then, she came closer to my face and whisperered, "Help Dallas..."

I looked at her in puzzlement.

She repeated, "Help Dallas to fall in love in 14 days or something bad will happen to him."

And then she told me the consequences of what might happen to him if he does not fall in love withing the next 14 days.

Pondering Soul,
Shah Rizal Isaac

No comments:

Post a Comment