Ads

Saturday, May 29, 2004

Taxi Drivers - Slow, Clumsy & Not Responsive



Poor Service



2.15PM, I waited for my classmates at Raffles City's taxi stand. They were 3 - 5 mins late but that was really okay with me. It's not like they were late for more than half an hour. Supposedly, the show that we are going to watch was at 2.15PM but judging from the rate that we were going, we would probably give it a miss.



But we didnt give up, we tried to get the destination as soon as possible. I called Comfort and booked a cab. And the operator said, "your cab will be arriving in 5 mintues time." We waited. And we waited somemore until I was so pissed. It was more than 5 minutes. Eventually, it was more than the given time!



I called back Comfort, hoping I would get another cab or get a good explanation from them of why the cab was still not there yet! And I asked, "I would like to book another cab?" And the operator replied, "Oh, so you already book a cab!?" Duh! - I just said ANOTHER and aren't they suppose to be competent enough to know every single details.



ME: Ya, I did book a cab just now but its already more than 5 minutes. Where's my cab?



Operator: Oh, let me check where's your cab now? PLease hold...



And I waited, listening to the stupid music they aired. Tick tock tick tock! And still I waited.



Operator: Sorry to keep you on hold. The cab is in the middle of a traffic jam...



What? Traffic jam? Come on! I am running late here!



ME: Traffic jam? OK fine... How long more before the cab will arrived?



Operator: 5 more minutes...



Yet again, I have to wait for another 5 freaking minutes. It's already 2.20PM!



And then my handphone rang. I picked up but I couldn't hear a thing. There were too many stastics! But for sure I knew that it was the cab driver! And I hang up!



*Ring* *Ring* He called again. Hello!??



"Are you Mr. Isaac?"



"Ya...Where are you now?"



"I am at the traffic light. Can you wait for me at the other taxi stand near the DBS bank?"



Huh! What? After a long period of time waiting for you? And now you expect us, ME!, to find you instead of the other way round! What kind of service is this? Ok fine! We did so but we couldn't find our cab! What the ****



Okay that's it! I join the long queue and hey, I didn't expect it was much faster than booking a cab. And then it was our turn when we finally saw our cab approaching the taxi stand.



Oh! So now you finally came! Hell no am I going to board your cab and pay you 3 dollars more after waiting for a long time! So I decided to board the cab in front. MuHAHhahAHah! And the cab driver called me again! Boo! I won't pick your call up! Serve you right. Lose one potential customer!



The Other Cab Driver



I thought my nightmare would finally end there but no! I told the cab driver my destination. "Can you alight us at Shaw House that is opposite Suntec City?"



No response from the cab driver. Hello? I am talking to you?! I need some response so that I know you are clear of the instructions that I had given.



And then he missed the place and went straight instead of making a left turn!



"Uncle, can you bring me to that building over that, Shaw House..." Pointing to the building.



Cab Driver: You told me to go to Suntec City leh!



Eh! You deaf or what?! You see lah, never pay attention right? Damn driver! I said THE BUILDING, SHAW HOUSE THAT IS OPPOSITE OF SUNTEC CITY.



Cab Driver: Haiyah, tell me earlier lah! Now I go straight already, how to turn. Here cannot turn.



ME: Uncle, you just stop at Suntec City and we will make our way there.



Cab Driver: That one is SHAW HOUSE...Why didn't you tell me the building name just now?



I just did!



Argh! So frustrating! After I alighted, I slammed the door really hard and walked away in a huff with my classmates.



No comments:

Post a Comment