Ads

Wednesday, May 5, 2004

THE SOFTER AND GOOD SIDE OF ME



Well, I guess everyone has a softer and good side of them, that includes me yah... And for those people who you think make look good and well-mannered, its will always be the exact opposite, they may have a black heart. But sometimes those people that you think are bad, or look bad, judging from their outlook appearance, they may have a heart of gold. :) So don't judge someone by its outlook appearance. Get to know him or her alittle bit more better and you will know what kind of a person he/she is.



Whenever I walked on the streets, and I see people asking for donations, especially helpless old women; I can't really bear to see them in that state; tattered clothings, messy hairs and left alone on the streets collecting money from people for their daily expenses. I really wish I could do something great for them now but the least I could do is to donate a few dollars to them. I've made a promise to myself that if I am older and richer, I will not forget those old ladies on the streets; will make a heafty donations to them. And I wouldn't want to abandon my parents on the streets like those heartless people who abandon their old fragile mum or dad. Its really unbearably cruel! When I grow up, I really do not wish to see myself on the streets.



Upon watching the NKF shows each year, seeing their sad stories, shattered lives; they really left me crying. I wanted to help them but fear that I might chalked up the phone bills and my mum would be scolding me for doing so but its okay, when I'm old enough and when I'm already working, I will make all the donations I want to them. No fret! I salute those celebrities who does all those dangerous stunts just to make people call in to donate. But why wouldn't these people call in just for the sake of donating, and not just for the sake of celebrities doing the stunts and injuring themselves during the event to prove to them that they need to call to support those needy people.



Whenever my school had organised trips to old folk's home to help those poor old men and women, I wouldn't hesitate or think further, I will definitely help them. Being there at the old folk's home, I would always talk to them; I know for sure that once we left the home, they would feel lonely again. It is really a misery living in a home whereby your sons and daughters abandon you and there will be nobody to look after you. So please people, when you grow up don't leave your parents in the homes or in the future your kids will follow your footsteps and you may land youself in the homes too.



Each time my school or the community centers organised charity fund raising events, I will be there to support or I will be there to collect donations or set up stalls selling my old stuffs that are worth for money to donate to the homes... I participated in the President Star Charity in year 2000, our class set up a stall at Raffles City to sell alot of cute stuffs. Things sell out fast, it was a major success. I was really proud of my class and myself for being able to participate in this big event.



One thing about me is that whenever my friends, classmates or even my steady are in need of help, I will never shun them away. I will put in my 100% to help them in whatever ways I could. I have never completely turn my back on them...

No comments:

Post a Comment