Ads

Saturday, September 3, 2005

Sentosa Once Again

Three days ago, a week after the trip to Sentosa with my classmates, I went again with my other two friends, Enzo and Phil. I was late again. Always late!

We went to Harborfront to have our lunch and bought food and drinks before proceeding to Sentosa. The food and drinks there are super expensive. One mineral water could cost up to 2 dollars.

We headed to Palawan beach and settled at the small opposite the main beach. Phil and Enzo were gearing up to take a dive into the cold water while I wasn't. The fact is I can't swim and fear I might drown.

It took them 45 minutes to persuade me to go into the water. I played near the shore, daren't go too deep.

Then I realize that we, guys, are supposedly to swim when we serve National Service. I panicked upon hearing that. Instantly, I told myself that I needed to swim!

They needed to teach me how to swim.

So, I started off with how to breathe out in the water. But every time I put my head into the water, I struggled and immediately, I force my head out of the water as for water seems to be getting into my nose.

My friends believed that I was breathing in the water.

I tried again and again and again and again. I failed.

NEXT!

There was a platform which was floating on the water, in between the two beaches. I wanted to get onto that plaform. I must. I wanted to try.

But how can I get across and to the platform if I can't swim?

"Don't worry. The water isn't that deep," said them.

3/4 there, I panicked yet again as for my feet could not feel the sand anymore and that the water was already at the height of my shoulder.

I went deeper. And that was when tragedy strikes.

The current ... was so strong at that particular time that I find it hard to keep myself afloat.

Splash!

My head went into the water. Water got into my ear, nose and mouth. 1 second... 2 seconds... 3 seconds, I was still in the water, trying to get my head out of the water. I took in a lot of salt water.

Then, I felt someone grabbing my shoulder. I was pulled out of the water and was carried back to the shore by Phil.

Wah! I did not know he was that strong leh! I was heavier than him but still he was able to carry me! *Claps*

I laid on the sands. I felt weak, terribly weak.

An hour passed, I was sitting on the beach, watching the other two suntanning on the platform.

I must try again, I thought.

I signalled to them that I wanted to get to the platform too. They got up, dived into the water and advanced to me.

"Are you sure," they asked.

I got into the water again. Both of them went with me, one on my left and the other on my right.

Still, the same thing happened.

I can never swim! I don't know how!

No comments:

Post a Comment