Ads

Saturday, January 1, 2005

Reborn; The New Beginning



Happy New Year to everyone out there!



On this New Year, I have promise myself to be a better person. I will be firmer with my decisions and shall make the right choices in life.



Yesterday, on New Year's Eves, I started the day off by waiting for my other half two long hours at my other half's void deck. I was not the least mad as I perfectly understood that my other half did not have ample of sleep the previous night.



I arrived at Seng Kang at 10 in the morning and amidst of waiting, I decided to have my breakfast at the plaza near to my other half's home.



Unfortunately, it was raining heavily and I had to walk the longest route to the plaza.



Time ticked by hastily. Seconds merged to minutes and minutes merged to become hours. Being the patient me, I continued waiting.



But finally at 12, my other half called me to inform that my other half had overslept and my other half's dad had forgotten to give a wake up call.



I forgave my other half and later on we met up. There was silence. Nobody talked. Seconds later, my other half apologise again. I told my other half that I was not mad but a little disappointed.



Nevertheless, after discussions, everything went well. As it was still raining heavily, my other half decided to go to my other half's house to wait till it stopped raining.



I second my other half's idea.



At my other half's house, we talked and I promised that no matter what, I will still love my other half wholeheartedly. I ensure my other half that I will not leave my other half.



At 1, the rain stopped.



We left my other half's house and proceeded to Hougang Central to board bus number 132 to our destination, Far Eat Plaza at Orchard.



On our journey in the bus, we tuned in to the radio station 98.7fm to listen to the top 100 music countdown. Fantasia, my favourite artiste was at the 87th placing with her single 'I Believe'.



My other half and I were hoping that Jewel Kilcher's Stand would make it to the top 100. Amidst the journey, someone sent a virus, Caribe.sis to my other half's handphone via bluetooth.



The only way to get rid of the virus was to switch off the handphone or disable the bluetooth device. It worked.



Upon reaching our designated location, we decided to take a neoprint at the second level. Unable to decode the japanese words that was written in the machine, we took a stab. But it worked. We were able to complete the process with ease.



Afterward, we took bus number 700 to Suntec City and went to Marche, recommended by my other half, to have our lunch. One word to describe the food there; DELICIOUS.



My other half and I ordered Fish and Wedges which were extremely mouth-watering. And then I ordered Cream of Mushroom soup while my other half ordered clam chowder soup.



My soup was cheaper but tastier while my other half's was the other way round. Nevertheless, we enjoyed our time there. Oh, not forgetting, I ordered a Vanilla shake which was simply delicious.



Like what I'd told my other half, I would not mind having to order a few more vanilla shake.



It was almost four when we got out of Marche. Then we decided to watch movie. It was a toss between The Kungfu Hustle and Phantom of the Opera. But in the end, we chose Kungfu Hustle.



While we were at the ticketing counter to purchase our tickets, I spotted Michelle Chia, the lux lady and Shaun Chen together buying movie tickets. I was exhilarated and was jumpy to see famous celebrities right in front of me.



But I was disappointed to see that both of them had put up an arrogant face. Bleah!



After the movie, we walked in the crowded shopping center of Suntec City and we decided to play a game. Whoever could find 10 people who were wearing hooded jackets would win the game and the losing party would have to forfeit.



With my unbelievably sharp eyes, I spotted all ten and won. But being the kind me, my other half did not need to do any forfeit.



Then we advanced to Marina Square's MacDonald to have our dinner.



After dinner, I sent my other half home which was all the way at Hougang.



I reached home ten minutes before midnight and called my other half to celebrate the New Year over the phone.



At the stroke of midnight, I wished my family, my other half and my sister who was celebrating outside with her friends a happy new year.



Afterward, I took a bath and that was when I was reborn into a new person. A new year, a new beginning.

I promised myself not to make too many mistakes this year and if do, I will amend them right away unlike last year.

This year, I hope I can be more decisive on the decisions I make, a much more healthier love relationship and be more spend-thrift.

Signing Off,

Shah Rizal Isaac

No comments:

Post a Comment