Ads

Monday, January 3, 2005

The Weirdest Dream; Tay Ping Hui



I stood all alone in the dark confine room; helpless and confused. I looked around for an escape route but there were no windows and the only door out was locked.



I tried to slam the door down but to no avail. Suddenly, I heard footsteps. I backed away and listened. The footsteps were getting louder by each passing seconds.



And then I saw the doorknob turned. I searched frantically for any objects to protect myself from whoever was at the door. But it was too late.



The door creaked opened. I was in my fighting position. Abruptly, a huge gust of wind swept me off the ground and I landed on a bed. Then I realized I was in my own room with my grandma sleeping away at the mattress.



My room door opened and there stood my dad. His face and hands were covered with blood.



I jumped out from my bed and asked in a concern tone what had happened. He did not respond. I scanned him from head to toe. He was bleeding profusely.



And then I saw that he was holding two razor blades respectively on both hands. Within split seconds, he dashed towards me and slashed my arms with those sharp razor blades. I cried in pain.



My grandma woke up and realized what was happening. She got up and stood in front of me. She was my defense.



But somehow my dad was still able to reach me. He slashed me time and again. I shouted in pain and begged him to stop but he refused. My arms, my wrist and my chest were slashed multiple times.



I wanted to break away but instantly he grabbed me by the arms and flung me to the wall. He made his attempt to slash me again but I dashed to the open windows.



As I was living on the third floor, jumping down from that height would not kill anyone. I leapt onto the window grill and landed myself on the rooftop of a Ferrari.



"What the...!" yelled someone from inside the car.



The door swung opened and a young fine looking man emerged. The fall had made my visions blurred but seconds later, everything was crystal clear again. The man was actually mediacorp actor, Tay Ping Hui.



He asked me out of curiosity why I jumped out from the window but I refused to answer and rolled myself to the ground.



I started running but he gestured me to stop.



I continued running. Abruptly, someone grabbed me by the arms again but this time it was Tay Ping Hui. We stared at each other for a couple of seconds when I realized I wanted to break free from him and continue running.



But he refused to let me go.



He pulled my shoulder closer towards him. I missed a step and fell into his arms. There was silence.



I looked bewildered and pondered to myself what was actually going on. I gently pushed myself away from him.



He looked at my arms and asked why there were many cuts on my arms but still I refused to answer him.



Immediately he rushed to his Ferrari and took out his first aid box. He gestured me to sit on the side pavement while he tended to my wounds. I gazed at him.



And then I heard screams. Familiar screams. I turned around and saw my father running towards me.



I panicked.



Tay Ping Hui grabbed my hands and we advanced to his Ferrari. We slammed the door shut and soon after, the engine started.



We drove away from that place, leaving my father stranded on the pavement. I speculated that he was already a zombie.



I felt tired and hurt. Minutes later, I fell asleep on Tay Ping Hui's shoulder.



Moments later, I was awaken by screams. I looked around and noticed that Orchard Road was infested by zombies.



Tay Ping Hui told me to calm down as he knew what he was doing. He stepped onto the acceleration paddle and the car sped up to 120 km/hr.



I held onto my seatbelt tightly hopping that the car would not lose control and crash.



We managed to get out from the infested area safely. We stopped at a nearby coffee shop. We wanted to grab a bite as we were famished.



But we realized the coffee shop were also infested with zombies and humans who were about to turn into zombies too.



We ran back to our car and left the place. I cried to myself and was soon comforted by Tay Ping Hui.



"Everything will be alright," he said.



I looked at him and shouted, "How can you possibly say everything would be fine when you, yourself witnessed zombies running around and people turning into one of them!"



He kept quiet. I felt guilty and apologized to him for being rude. Everything was fine.



It was already night time and we have yet to eat or stop to take a breather. Abruptly, one of the tires punctured and the car started to spin wildly. I shouted.



Bang!



The car crashed onto a tree. Everything went dark.



Signing Off,

Shah Rizal Isaac

No comments:

Post a Comment