Ads

Saturday, January 8, 2005

Three Days without Blogging!

Both of my hands were unbearably painful for me to even lift up a book. My muscles were strained after those strenuous exercises. Because of that, I was unable to blog!

Two days back, I dreamt of something really weird yet again. I was running on an isolated road. But however no matter how fast I ran, I would still be in the same exact spot. Why, I thought.



Then I heard honking noises from behind me. I looked back and was abruptly knock down by a huge truck. Everything went black.



Seconds later, I appeared in another place. I was in camp at Tekong doing vigorous trainings. Apparently, I kept on making blunder mistakes time and again.



The higher rank officer advanced to me and slapped me silly. I cried in pain. Then he ordered me to do two hundred push-ups. Scary it was to me. But then again maybe I was worrying too much about this issue till I dreamt about it.



I only have six more months to study and then I would be called up for NS. But then again, something might happen and that would delay me from serving NS that soon.



Six months more and I will be seperated from my classmates.



Friendships are something that wouldn't last for long for that is what I believe now.



Each time, I have a good friend, let it be a guy or a girl, or when I'm about to get along well with a particular person, he or she will either emigrate to another country, pursue their studies elsewhere in the foreign countries, or we might end up falling out with each other.



I'm over and done with it. I'd many good friends since I was young but somehow, one by one of them started to vanish into thin air.



After years of special bonding, it will just fall apart one day, and that is what I thought now. It seems so unreal. It will crush you; your spirit, your pride. You will feel so venerable.



When I was younger, during my primary school days, I used to have a very close friend, Kian Seng, but he was not a local so anytime he could leave for his country. Eventually it did happen after we finish our primary school.



He wanted to study high school in Malaysia. I was sad for I lost such a special friend. I would tag with him wherever he went and so did he. We did almost everything together.



But we still contact each other until one fine day; I changed my home number and lost his contact number. And yes, back then, I'm not as fortunate as those kids nowadays, already carrying a handphone with them; expensive handphones to be exact. I searched high and low hoping that I had previously scribbled his number somewhere on the pages of the books or papers but to no avail. Our friendship then ended abruptly.



Time passed hastily but I will not forget Kian Seng as for he is one special friend. Soon after, I was studying in high school, making new friends; widening my social circle. I clicked immediately with these four people; Adam, Lionel, Jaka and Janet but all five of us have different personalities and sometimes our characters clashed.



As we proceeded to the second year of high school, we grew even closer; going out together and doing study group. But the friendship between Janet and Adam did not last unfortunately. Janet has always been suspicious of Adam's sexual orientation. She then confronted Adam but he denied. He, of course, felt terribly insulted.




And then it happened. "For that, I shall severe all ties with you, Janet." exclaimed Adam. That's the end of their friendship. But I was torn between the two of them. Janet was my god sister while Adam was my best friend. I had a difficult time to accommodate to both of them.



I felt terrible. Then we split into different classes for the upcoming year. I and Janet went to the A class while Adam, Jaka and Lionel went to B. I had communicated less often with Adam, Lionel and Jaka as we have different time tables.



Soon I began drifting apart and spending less quality time with them. It's all bcause of the stupid time table.

As days passed by, I began to learn that Janet was being abominated by the girls in our class for her arrogant attitude but I beg to differ. She was actually quiet and did not like to socialize much but the rest thought differently.



She was being alienated by the rest of the class, excluding for those few who were her good friends. I knew she was in fear; already frightened that she was rejected by her classmates.

I pitied her but was always by her side, supporting and giving her encouragement always. I did not want her to feel lonely. Every time, after school, I would always accompany her to have our lunch or even followed her to buy her school stuffs from bookstores and etc.

But then, Adam wasn't too happy about it. He would always invite me to his house to game with him with his playstation and X-Box. So I had to choose. And one fine day, I decided to go along with Adam.

Of course, Janet felt left out and asked if I was avoiding her. I explained but she refused to believe me. And she kept insisting and pestering me to go out with her everyday till one day; I felt irritated and decided to shut her out too just like the rest. I could stand her no longer.

I began to mingle with Adam, Lionel and Jaka more often but however Jaka and Adam would bicker too often over trivial matters and I would have to be their mediator, helping to resolve their problems now and then.

And then we advanced to the last year of our high school. The pressure was building up; we had to prepare for our final examinations and of course, we can't afford to fool around.

But mid-year, something atrocious happened. People started assuming that Adam was a gay and the rumours were spreading like wildfire. Of course, Adam couldn't take it lying down. He wanted to find the source and seek revenge.

With my help and lionel's, we managed to track down the troublemaker who was spreading the rumours around and it was actually one of our classmate, K.P. Adam wasn't too happy about it as he despise K.P a lot. He wanted to torture K.P mentally.

And so the plan was made and revised to bring K.P's reputation down and I and Lionel had to help him get through his plan. Initially, I tried to talk Adam out of it but he refused and I was left with no options.

THE uncouth PEOPLE in my class were mainly made up of the bigger and stronger boys; every ten minutes, you would be hearing them cursing and swearing and hurling vulgarities like there's no tomorrow. Tsk Tsk.

But that's not the point. They would always pick the weaklings in my class. There was no peace at all. For a fact that I knew our class has never been united as one. But I never hated them but was just displeased of why I had such classmates.



After we graduated from high school, most of us went separate ways; to polytechnic, junior colleges, ITE and a few already advancing into the working society. We seldom contact one another and only meet up when there's an important occasion like Teachers' Day or maybe the school's anniversary.

And then came the 7 months holiday for me to recuperate and move into a new phase of life. I worked part-time in a factory at TUAS,11 MRT stops away from my house. Waking up early in the morning every weekday is really very troublesome.

How I wish I was working somewhere near my house so that I won't bother to wake up so early in the morning. But of course, it was worth it as my colleagues were friendly and helpful but the QC (Quality Checker) there SUCK TO THE CORE! I felt like sawing his DICK off and stuff it inside his ass!

Anyway, I became closer to my colleagues and started to talk on the phone at night and going out shopping with them.

But then, there came the retrenchment scheme and I was one of the unfortunate people that had to leave in 5 days time. It really sucks when I already built a great bond with the people there and then I had to leave.

We promised that we would keep in contact with one another but weeks later, the same thing happened, we abruptly lost contact and that was the end of our friendship! Damn!

Signing Off,

Shah Rizal Isaac



1 comment: