Ads

Saturday, December 18, 2004

Troubled, BreakDown, And Died



Without my godbrothers; Amal and Jay, and my other half; Ashy, I would have been torn into pieces by now. I will not know what to do and I would probably be lost in my own confused world.



I am glad I have these kind-hearted, good samaritans. I am glad to know that they will always be there for me when I am down, when I am sad or when I am in need of help.



I would never forget them and if ever, they are in need of help or a shoulder to cry on, I will be there for them too.



I'd realized how naive I am. I'd realized how gullible I could be. I'm sick and tired of people stepping onto my head and taking advantage of the weaker ones or should I say, the nicer people.



And I ponder; Why must bad things befalls on good people. Why must the good people take on the blame for the things he or she did not do? How ironic could it get...



Two words for them; Fuck Off!



Without a doubt, I was uncontrollably sad yesterday. I had let my emotions get the better of me. But now, I am clear-headed and able to think of a opened door to the plight I am in and will be telling to you at the later part of the entry.



I felt that now I am in a very good situation and is not as bad as what I thought of the day before. How foolish I was.



To cut the whole thing short, let me end this entry with what happened yesterday...



Three months back, I'd got pretty close to this guy A and thought he was a nice person. He needed my help by wanting to get a telephone line. But as I did not have my NRIC with me, I was of no use to him.



So I asked my the other friend of mine to help him instead. Let's name him B. Both A and B are my friends but they do not know one another.



A wanted to use B's NRIC to register a line for himself. And so, I told B to do my friend a favour and trust me. I assured B that my other friend A will definitely pay for the line that he is using.



Everything went well.



But only till the bill for the 1st month came. My friend and I was surprised that the bill was 70 bucks which was not the original price stated in the plan. We knew my friend A was not using his handphone wisely.



I informed A about the bill and told him to pay immediately. I thought he would but I was naive to believe him.



Days passed but the bill was still unpaid.



Curious and worried, I asked A again and he responded that he will be paying his 1st month handphone bill along with the coming 2nd month bill.



I agreed.



The time came and yet again, we were shocked. This time, the bill had rise from a measly 70 to a huge amount of 389 dollars.



Nothing could describe how I felt at that very moment.



I told A about it and he promised to pay the bill. I asked him time and again but his responds was okay and he assured me he will pay the bills.



But till now, he didn't. The line is already terminated and the date due for the overdue bills for November is approaching that is on the 20th Deccember.



I felt betrayed. I was lost and confused. I did not know what to do about it.



Now I will be the one paying the 359 dollars. I do not want my friend B to feel worried. I don't want him to panic.



All I could say is that I am such a naive guy. I should have known better. I should differentiate who was good and bad. I have such a poor judgement and it's all my fault.

I was at a loose ends. I was breaking down. But thankfully, I had my other half and my two godbrothers to help me morally and mentally. In the end, I still cried over the phone.

This entry is not meant for you people to sympathise me or to laugh at the plight I'm in now. I just want to share my experience with you, blog readers. I'd learnt my lesson and that is not to be so gullible and trust people so readily.

However, I would like to thank those 17 blog readers of mine who took the time to send me e-mails to console me and so on. I am really grateful to you all. Thank you.

After letting all my feelings out, I feel good about myself.

Jacelyn Tay once said, "It's not the fall, but how you pick yourself up that matters."

Signing Off,

Shah Rizal Isaac

No comments:

Post a Comment