Ads

Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Injection Phobia



I have always had injection phobia and the fear of getting a shot has even caused me to pass out from the stress.



In the primary school days, it was "shot day" and the nurse would periodically call out names over the intercom informing the unlucky ones of their impending doom.



I wasn't paying real close attention when the next name was called, but the girl in front of me got up, left the room and was gone for a suitable length of time.



When she came back, the room was very quiet and I spoke up (so everyone could clearly hear me) and asked her if it hurt much.



She gave me a really strange look and the teacher seemed outraged that I should ask such a question. Everyone else just snickered.



At that point, the teacher politely pointed out to me that my fellow student had just returned from the restroom.



No comments:

Post a Comment