Ads

Wednesday, December 8, 2004

The Kind Wicked Old Lady



As I walked forward, through the bland spaces, I treaded by the complacent store of neon and gold. With irreverent glee, I sat down, loitering about the curb, resting a disquieted soul, silencing the complaining feet.



Sighing, I rose and walked onwards, down the cold walkways by the street through the dark alleys of artificial wild, obscene overgrowth of garbage and mould. Until the gate I reached with a glaring sign, it looked down "No trespassing" it declared. With ominous pleasure and secret joy.



So I turned back and walked to the quiet street. And then I chanced upon an old lady selling curry puffs. She said in a low voice, "3 curry puffs for a dollar. Buy them, its worth your money."



I looked at her; her pitiful face, her wrinkled eyes, her flabby arms. She was such in a sorry state. I almost cried. I walked towards her with tiny steps and reached out for a dollar from my pocket.



But I only had a 2 dollar note which was crumpled. I asked in a low gentle voice, "Can you give me 6 curry puffs?"



The lady, in a slow motion manner, bend down and grabbed the curry puffs from the box with her tongs and placed them in the small plastic bag. I waited and felt like it was forever.



I decided to quicken her pace, "Hurry up lady! I want my curry puffs now!"



She looked up at me with her pitiful eyes, trying to tell me to sympathise her. I frowned and scolded her for being slow. "I want my curry puffs now!"



She handed me the curry puffs with a smile and asked for the 2 dollars. I gave it to her and walked away but little did I know, she started to laugh hysterically. She sounded like a witch.



I turned back and saw the old lady...







Muahahahaha! She Laughed.



She's a witch!



Wicked Old Lady, "Let's do the boogie!"



Signing Off,

Shah Rizal Isaac


No comments:

Post a Comment