Ads

Thursday, December 23, 2004

Everything Happy; Good Memories



Author's Notes: This entry is super long ( 3000+), so get yourself something to munch on while reading.



I will promise that this entry will not contain any sad stuff! So enjoy!



First off, I want to wish one of my blog readers cum net friend cum MSN friend cum good friend, Yao Xiang, a Late Happy Birthday! Well, neither I forget your birthday nor was I too busy to wish you. It's all blogger's fault for not wishing you on your birthday itself.



On several occasions of writing this super long entry, blogger would abruptly shut down itself or lags, thus leading to this entry to be deleted time and again, unable me to save the entry and forcing me to write it over and again.



Bloody Blogger.



Though I'd known Yao Xiang for a short period of time of 8 months, we are open to one another. We are able to share secrets and talk about anything. I felt as if I had known him for quite long time.



Yao Xiang is someone who is understanding and sensitive towards others' feelings. He's caring towards almost everyone including the people he only knew for a few days, weeks or months.



He's funny and adorable in his own ways. What make people attract to him is his personality that really shines and his special aura.



Once, when I was down and out, he was there for me, lending me a helping hand, bringing me back up to my feet. I will not forget his kindness. Thanks Yao Xiang!



But I'm sorry I had to wish you Happy Birthday the day after your birthday. Greatest apologies for that.



So here I shall sing a birthday song to you!



Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to Yao Xiang! Happy Birthday to you!



"Boo!"



I looked back and saw my Evil Twin. He was laughing his heads off at me.



"Your singing suck! You suck to the core, Isaac!" And then he threw a pie with rotten egg filings to my pimple-free face.



Splat! My face was overpowered with the rotten eggs smell and smeared with the pie. I was unable to see as some of the sticky egg yolk went into my eyes.



I wiped my face with a towel and looked myself in the mirror, only to discover that dozens of pimples had appeared at my face.



I cried as I was disfigured for life!



"Oh shut up and get over it! You're pathetic!" shouted the Angel. "Go chase after your Evil Twin and stop your whining!"



I stared at the Angel and stuffed a dildo into his mouth. "That's to shut you up Angel! You're suppose to say something nice! Hello! You're an Angel!"



Before I left the room to chase after my Evil Twin, I want to wish Yao Xiang all the best for his future and a good health!



I pointed a middle finger to the Angel and rushed out of the room.



"Hey, for that you're going to be one sinner greater!" shouted the Angel.



Minutes passed and it seems I had lost track of my Evil Twin once again. He's just to fast for me. I was about to give up when suddenly a teenage girl approached me.



I was unable to greet her as I was still panting after all that running.



And then she started to mumble.



"Can you speak up?" I guestured to her.



Seconds later, she burst into laughter. "You know what? My name is Susie and I got a story to tell you! I've been keeping this from anyone for quite a long time and I can't stand any longer. I have to tell someone!"



I stared at her, confused.



"My sister is a very intelligent woman when it comes to "book smarts," but a little naive in the ways of the real world. She used to work as a waitress, which I won't knock, because it IS a hard job.



But when the cooks told her to go to the basement (restaurant had no basement) to get the dehydrated water, she searched for the basement entrance for an hour before realizing she'd been the butt of a joke.



Another time, one of the salad girls had been busy, so my sister decided to make the salad herself. Just as she was carrying it to the customer, the salad girl grabbed her and said "what are you doing?"



My sister said "well, she asked for the dressing on the side." You guessed it- she had put a little salad in the middle of the plate and poured dressing around the edges!"



After she had told the story to me, she laughed loudly to herself. I looked at her in bewilderment.



"Oh! Here's one more!" Susie said.



I stared at her, shocked.



"One day I was working in the office at my college. I was asked to phone a list of 20 students and tell them that their exam for that Friday had been cancelled. So after I got to about the 10th person I realized that this was one of my classes.



I went to lectures during the week and on Friday went to take my exam. But I saw no-one from my class there. Confused, I went to the office to find out what was going on, only to be told that the exam had been cancelled.



The sweet little old receptionist told me that a young girl who sometimes worked in the office had phoned everyone. Perhaps, thought the little old lady, the girl who helped out had tried to reach me but hadn't gotten through.



I felt so stupid since I was the one who phoned everyone. One of my prouder blonde moments."



My eyes grew even bigger.



"And here's another ..." Before she could even finish her sentence, I grabbed her hair and bang her head against the wall. Even though, she was bleeding profusely, she refused to stop laughing.



"Shut UP!" I shouted while I still kept banging her head on the wall.



"Stop it or you will straight go to hell!" shouted the Angel who were chasing me from afar.



I ran and manage to side track the Angel. I let out a huge sigh of relieve. Muahaha!



Anyway, since it's near to Christmas and the year is about to end, let me share with you all the good memories I had.



Let's kick it off with the good memories I had for the year of 2004.



I remembered the times I spent with my classmates at the chalet I organised in March. Even though, it was a three days and two nights event, many good things happened and the chalet was a blast.



I enjoyed my time with them. My best buddies and I would go to the beach and talk gibberish stuffs. We played UNO cards in the chalet even though we knew it was a boring game.



We dared one another to visit the haunted house near that area. We encountered shortage of food but was soon resolved when we all chipped in two dollars each. All I could described about the times we spent back then was wonderful.



And then there was my birthday celebrations with my family and friends. The day before my birthday, I celebrated with my family and I was thrilled to know that they had bought me an expensive ice-cream cake from Haagen Daaz.



One of my friends told me that celebrating ones birthday before their actual birthday is a bad omen. I heck care as my family really truly wanted to celebrate my birthday on that day. Since my mum cannot spend time with me on my actual birthday itself as she had to work and I will be going out with my friends, it was best for us to celebrate the day before.



The time when they sang the birthday song for me and when I blew the candles out were the best moments of my life.



The following day which was my birthday, I was to spent with my best friends, Raudah, Janet, Jimmy, Anuar and Adam. Little did I expect, they bought me gifts and a cake.



Though the day did not really went smoothly, I was still glad that I had spent my birthday with my closest friends.



The next best thing that happened to me was when I found my true love, Ashy. I am thankful to GOD for giving me a chance to love again and for me to find a wonderful person. That was the greatest gift I ever had.



Talking about relationship, I had just celebrated my 1 month anniversary with Ashy but it was a day earlier. If you're curious of when we got attached, it's on the 22nd November.



I started off the day by dressing up to the nicest and preparing all the presents that I had bought for my dear Ashy. Without a doubt, I felt anxious and excited at the same time.



I wanted our day to be perfect and wonderful. Initially I was supposedly to meet Ashy at 11:00a.m near Ashy's place but I was late by half an hour. Lucky enough, Ashy wasn't angry about it and that Ashy was still getting ready.



I was carrying my bag pack on my shoulder and a shopping bag on my left hand. And in those bags were Ashy's Christmas and 1 month anniversary presents. My initial idea was to give all the four presents that I bought for Ashy individually.



Each present represented something significant or shall I say I had to give the presents at their designated places.



Every single day, my love for Ashy grew deeper and stronger. Without a doubt, I am really falling in love with Ashy and would be hoping to get married to Ashy one day.



We kicked off the day by spending our time at Paragon and that's where I gave my first present to Ashy. The place is elegant and unique and the atmosphere was right. Everything was perfect. Everything was falling into place.



Suprisingly, I received a present for myself in return. I was overjoyed.



Next, we advanced to Takashimaya and yet again, there was another place where I was to give my 2nd present to Ashy.



Smart enough, my dearest Ashy guessed correctly of what was the 2nd present. Technically, I was not shock as I had let the cat out of the bag by revealing to Ashy that the 2nd present was bought from Takashimaya and Ashy once followed me to buy the 2nd present.



And then we proceeded to our next destination. In between, we went to Lido Shaw House as Ashy wanted to survey the Japanese food shop that was located at the basement.



In dismay, the shop was no longer there but we had settled for Japanese breads for our lunch which were bought from another Japanese bakery shop.



We went to borders and settled at the 2nd floor to eat our breads. We felt awkward with people walking past us now and then but soon after, hungers overpower us that we did not really care more.



Amidst, we saw a couple quarreling, a man talking loudly on the phone and a disgusting woman who would not stop digging her nose.



I, feeling disgusted, walked towards the woman and slapped her silly. She cried and beg for mercy but being the merciless me, I threw her out of the window.



As if!



Then we proceeded to Toys R US and that is where I met one of my school dropout, Hafiz. He was slogging at his new found job as a sales assistant at Toys R US but he managed to take 5 minutes of his precious time to talk to me.



I did not want to question him why he did not want to continue his studies as for I might hurt his feelings.



Ashy and I continued our romantic journey. Along the way, I gave Ashy my third present.



Suprisingly Ashy guessed what the third gift was. If Ashy could have guessed it correctly, I believe my fellow blog readers could have guessed what my third present was too.



Sobs!

Our final stop was at the place where I first propose to Ashy and there was where I gave Ashy the final present.

In return I received the most memorable gift from Ashy. I was stunned and lost for words when I saw what it was - A ring with Ashy's name engraved on it.

At the end of the day, both of us were happy and contented with one another.

I love you Ashy! It was the most romantic day of my life!

Anyway, I hope you're all set for Christmas. The stockings are up, the Christmas tree is decorated, and everyone has a present under the tree. You've picked out Christmas candy, the ham is in the freezer, and you’re ready for the big day.



As you head up stairs to bed on Christmas Eve Mom asks you, "Did you leave the milk and cookies out for Santa?" And yes, even that’s taken care of. But are you missing something? What does Christmas really mean? Is it all about getting presents and eating candy canes and waiting up for Santa Claus?



Just a week before Christmas I had a visitor. This is how it happened. I just finished the household chores for the night and was preparing to go to bed, when I heard a noise in the front of the house. I opened the door to the front room and to my surprise, Santa himself stepped out from behind the Christmas tree.



"What are you doing?" I started to ask. The words choked up in my throat and I saw he had tears in his eyes. His usual jolly manner was gone. Gone was the eager, boisterous soul we all know. He then answered me with a simple statement . . .



"TEACH THE CHILDREN!" I was puzzled. What did he mean? He anticipated my question and with one quick movement brought forth a miniature toy bag from behind the tree. As I stood bewildered, Santa said, "Teach the children!



Teach them the old meaning of Christmas. The meaning that now-a-days Christmas has forgotten. "Santa then reached in his bag and pulled out a FIR TREE and placed it before the mantle. "Teach the children that the pure green color of the stately fir tree remains green all year round, depicting the everlasting hope of mankind, all the needles point heavenward, making it a symbol of man's thoughts turning toward heaven."



He again reached into his bag and pulled out a brilliant STAR. "Teach the children that the star was the heavenly sign of promises long ago. God promised a Savior for the world, and the star was the sign of fulfillment of His promise."



He then reached into his bag and pulled out a CANDLE. "Teach the children that the candle symbolizes that Christ is the light of the world, and when we see this great light we are reminded of He who displaces the darkness."



Once again he reached into his bag and removed a WREATH and placed it on the tree. "Teach the children that the wreath symbolizes the real nature of love. Real love never ceases. Love is one continuous round of affection."



He then pulled from his bag an ORNAMENT of himself. "Teach the children that I, Santa Clause, symbolize the generosity and good will we feel during the month of December."



He then brought out a HOLLY LEAF. "Teach the children that the holly plant represents immortality. It represents the crown of thorns worn by our Savior. The red holly berries represent the blood shed by Him.



Next he pulled from his bag a GIFT and said, "Teach the children that God so loved the world that he gave his begotten son." Thanks be to God for his unspeakable gift.



Santa then reached in his bag and pulled out a CANDY CANE and hung it on the tree. "Teach the children that the candy cane represents the shepherds' crook. The crook on the staff helps to bring back strayed sheep to the flock. The candy cane is the symbol that we are our brother's keeper."



He reached in again and pulled out an ANGEL. "Teach the children that it was the angels that heralded in the glorious news of the Savior's birth. The angels sang Glory to God in the highest, on earth peace and good will toward men."



Suddenly I heard a soft twinkling sound, and from his bag he pulled out a BELL, "Teach the children that as the lost sheep are found by the sound of the bell, it should ring mankind to the fold. The bell symbolizes guidance and return.



Santa looked back and was pleased. He looked back at me and I saw that the twinkle was back in his eyes. He said, "Remember, teach the children the true meaning of Christmas and do not put me in the center, for I am but a humble servant of the One that is, and I bow down to worship him, our LORD, our GOD."



Merry Christmas!!!



THANKS for the Christmas cards, Constance!



THANKS for the Christmas gifts, Ashy!



Before I end this super long entry, let me ask you one question. What will your New Year resolution be? Do tell me VIA MSN or my e-mail!

Take care. TTFN; Ta Ta For Now!

I'm off to bed now as for tomorrow will be a big event for me at East Coast Park. That will be another story to tell on my next entry.

Signing Off,

Shah Rizal Isaac

No comments:

Post a Comment