Ads

Friday, April 29, 2005

Finally, My Luck Runs Out

In January, I'd won myself a six months SBS and NEL(North East Line) complimentary pass. In other words, I will be travelling for FREE with SBS and NEL line for the whole six months.

And then I won a leather bracelet bought and signed by Taufik Batisah. Fortunate I was to have gotten that from him. I have to thank my avid blog readers and my friends for voting my fanclub name which was placed with the other 4 top favorites.

I was proud that my fanclub name was flashed many a times in several newpapers and media. It was being recognised. My effort has not gone to waste. Also several occasions I was given a chance to meet Taufik Batisah and once to talk over the phone with him.

In February, my blog was being recognised by a few journalists and I was proud of myself that whatever I had written was being read by them.

And this month is one year of me writing at blogspot. Usually, I would give up blogging less than 6 months but knowing that my blog is being read by people in Singapore and other countries, I continued writing.

Then I was pleasantly surprised to come to know that I was among the top 25% who had achieved excellent results in my campus. For being able to be part of the top 25%, I was later rewarded a sum of $400 from my campus.

And because of my good grades, I was rewarded yet another sum of $250 from my mum. Elated I was. I wished I could get good grades always and be rewarded. Hey, I already have!

Recently, I applied for higher studies and when the results came in, I was glad to know that I was accepted by the campus. But however my classmates were not as lucky as I am.

They asked me, "Isaac, why do always good thigns happen to you? Why are you always so lucky?"

I wished they were right but then the inevitable happened.

Yesterday, I made a blunder mistake which caused my lecturer to rage. I did not promptly give back an important document which was given to me by my lecturer earlier on.

During the one hour break, I had to rush back to school by taking a cab even though it was only a seven minutes walk and then run to my locker, grabbed the documents and proceeded to the front school gate where my lecturer was waiting in his car.

As I reached the gate, I was greeted with disappointment as my lecturer had already left. Very disappointed I was at that moment.

You should be more responsible enough to pass back the document within the given time.

Those words pierced my heart.

And hours before I wrote this entry I was greeted with another disappointment.

"It has been rejected." said a lady.

I felt numb and gazed blankly at her.

My luck has run out.

No comments:

Post a Comment