Ads

Sunday, April 3, 2005

The Chalet Story: A Night Out At Esplanade

Author's Note: This is a continuation of the 3rd part of the chalet story entry. If you're new here or someone who came back here a few days later, read part 1 and 2 before reading the 3rd installation.

...He rushed to the back and opened the door. His eyes went wide open, surprised. He was shocked to see someone who looks exactly like him. We fear something like this might happen.

Dverg, who I mentioned in my 2nd installation, has escaped from the mental institution at Hougang and disguised as a Sentosa's bus driver. Now, he's here, right at our doorstep.

Without hesitation, Dverg rushed towards Taufik and hit him in the head. Taufik lost his balance and hit against the wall before collapsing to the wet ground.

Dverg dragged Taufik and dumped him in the rubbish chute.

*Five seconds paused*

Evil Twin: Is this a chalet story or some kind of action pack story? Proceed!

"Is everything okay?" shouted Rahila from the living room.

Dverg entered the unit and closed the door behind him. "Yeah, everything is fine!"

He smirked.

I was then requested to accompany Michael to walk to the beach. Somehow, I felt Michael was troubled but I dare not ask as I fear of annoying him in some way or another.

As we walked to the beach, we did not really communicate or if so, it was only a one-line sentence. I wasn't able to know what topic to be raised or asked. Michael and I only really started talking when we were approaching the 3rd semester of school.


I would always thought Michael was anti-social and that cool guy in class but now, my opinion on him has changed.

The sun set in the sky as Michael and I walked along the beach. Michael wore a loose fitting, open collar shirt, and rugged blue jeans. He wanted to venture further down to the water but I refused to follow suit as I was wearing shoes and socks and it would be quite troublesome to take them off.

With each step of his bare feet he could feel the individual grains of sand as they rubbed against his skin, massaging him into a peaceful bliss. Looking out upon the sea, all even we could see was the deep blue water. The beautiful sun shone upon our skin, basking us in absolute warmth.

We could hear the soft chirping of seagulls in the distance and the crunching of the sand beneath Michael's feet.

I walked beside his friend, careful enough not to get my shoes and jeans wet. When I breathed, cool, salt-filled air filled my lungs, relaxing me. I could hear nothing save the gentle rolling of the waves. I saw nothing but the water and sand. I felt no more than the sand at his feet and the wind at his back.

"It's beautiful, isn't it?" Michael inquired, glancing at
me.

"Yeah... it is," I replied, smiling.

"If it looks this good to me, I can't begin to imagine how amazing it is for you."

"Well," Michael began with a smile, "it's pretty amazing."

I laughed. "Yeah, you can probably see miles out there, can't you?" I asked, pointing out towards the sea.

Michael stopped and surveyed the glistening water. "Yeah, kinda."

I chuckled again. "Cool."

We walked a little farther.

After some time, Michael broke the companionable silence once again: "Isaac?"

"Yeah, Michael?"

"I love you Isaac." Michael said hesitantly.

I was, of course, stunned. I slapped him in the face and ran away from him as fast as I could. But then again, he did not say I love you to me and I did not slap him It was all part of my imagination and to make my entry look longer.

Michael stopped and turned to me. "Well..."

I intervened as I knew what he was going to say. He has to juggle his personal problem, his school work and friend issues. Too many for one to handle.

Taking things easy sometimes may solve the problem faster and you will not get stressed out easily.

After a while, Michael and I decided to join back the rest at the chalet.

We then prepared ourselves to watch a movie at Marina Square and advanced to the lobby to wait for the shuttle bus to Bedok Interchange.

Rahila and Devi decided to take pictures together.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Rahila didn't look too happy in this picture. She was forcing herself to smile. What could be wrong?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Ah! I see. Did you realize that she is much taller now compared to the previous picture.

Rahila: Hehehe! I'm taller. You're short Devi! Hehehe!

At the lobby, more pictures were taken. Snap, snap and snap!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

From left to right: Nadiah, Erlina, Devi and Rahila


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I would have to apologise for the blurry picture. Only the owner of the handphone model 7610, which will be me, knows how to use the build-in camera functions.

Evil Twin: Oh wait! Look at the guy in orange shirt? Isn't he...

Marilyn Monroe: Hehehehe! He's Dverg, posing as Taufik and nobody noticed. Weeee!

Taufik: *Makes the weird hand sign* YEAH BABY! YEAH! I ROCK!

Salimie, Michael and I find it rather peculiar that Taufik was behaving oddly. He was always quiet and decent but at that very moment, he was somehow eccentric.

Now, it was the couples' turn to have their pictures taken together.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Erlina and Salimie. Recently, we refered them as the next Jennifer Anniston and Brad Pitt.

Next...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

"Taufik, I thought you were wearing a white tee shirt and blue jeans? When did you change to this outfit? I never seen this shirt before during our two years of being together. I thought you hated wearing shirts that look obscene to the eyes?" Nadiah, the girl beside him said.

"Oh shut up! I'd change in my taste and I like it this way!" shouted Taufik.

Nadiah cried for several minutes, causing her to have panda eyes when this photo was taken.

The one thing Dverg hate the most is to see girls cry.

There're such wimps. Dverg thought.

Dverg decided to make up to Nadiah by cuddling her in the next photo.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Then Michael parted as we reached the golden village at Marina Square. I was of course dead set on watching boogeyman. What a better way to scare oneself by watching a horror movie at night instead of a romantic comedy.

I was seated next to Salimie and Taufik but was asked to sit next to Devi and to the empty seats on my right. I giggled when I realized the girls were afraid but as the movie proceeded, it turned out to be me screaming at the top of my voice.

Fear engulfed me; scary movie, empty seats and Devi who appeared to resemble a ghost by the name of Sadako which appeared in the movie, The Ring.

All the time, I covered my eyes with my hands, not wanting to watch the movie. Every now and then, I tried to sneak a peek in between my fingers only to realize a shadowy figure blocking my view. Its hair flung to my direction and as if it's faceless.

I screamed yet again causing turmoil in the cinema. I became loony and pranced around the cinema. The other patrons were shocked and screamed too. Not because that the show was scary but they fear I might start to kill them as I was holding onto a butcher's knife.

You may ask where I got it from.

It came from my imagination.

It did not happen. I was only screaming away but did not get loony.

After the movie, we proceeded to the Esplanade. We then celebrated Rahila's birthday. There were nosy passer-bys who asked what was the occasion but actual fact, they wanted to taste the cake that we bought.

Shame on you!

We bought chocolate cake and I still do not understand why many people favor chocolate over vanilla or strawberry.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

We sang the birthday song and Rahila requested us to take pictures of her.

She was thinking of a pose...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Finally, she came up with one.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Soon after, we cut the cake into smaller pieces. We decided to give some to the nosey passer-bys as they took the time to ask. Ha Ha!

I requested them to give me the smaller pieces as I was watching my diet.

Afterwards, Hazman met up with us, bringing along one of our ex-classmates, Sufian. We were glad to see him.

Then we decided to walk all the way from Esplanade to Benjamin Sheares Bridge. I was told that the bridge was haunted and we dared one another to walk till we reach that very bridge.

I wasn't too keen as I had been there before and I once felt evil presence. My gal friend who went with me back then was having her period. Thus, it was easier for her to feel the evil presence and see ghost.

True enough, she saw a young lady dressed in white hanging upside down at the bridge. My gal friend saw the lady in white running around above her head. She dare not look up.

Instantly, we decided to leave the place but only to realize by my gal friend that the lady in white was somehow following us from behind. My friend's shoulder felt heavy as if there was something placed on her shoulder.

The corner of her eyes saw the lady's head on her shoulder, smiling to her. She freaked out and almost fainted.

We promised each other not to go back to the bridge ever but there I was decided to walk to the bridge with new people.

As I approached the bridge, a strong gust of wind blew against our direction as if warning us not to go another step further. But we did not heed the warnings. We continued walking.

As we got under the bridge, I had goosebumps. I was terribly frightened. I felt her presence.

My friends were braver than me. They did not care about anything. They even spoke loudly. Echoes could be heard. They assured me that nothing will happen but still, I should be cautious.

I dare not look up in fear of seeing the lady in white.

Time seemed to tick so slowly. Eventually, nothing happened. I was thinking too much. I believed at that point of time, we had walked more than 3 kilometers.

Tiring it was for me and others. So we decided to take a rest at one of the shelters. Glancing at my wrist watch, it was only 1 in the morning. It was a long way to go before sun rise.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

As it was dark, it was difficult for my camera phone to capture still clear pictures. But hey, this photo isn't that bad!

After 15 minutes of rest, we decided to walk back the way we came from. This time we wanted to walk to the merlion located near One fullerton. Far it may seem but we manage to get there with ease.

Only when we had settled at the steps near the Merlion, fatigue took over some of us. I dozed off but was awaken by a cute cat which was apparently chasing ants.

I grabbed the cat and hug it tight.

Purrrrrr!

"Let me go! Let me go, you filthy human!" shouted the cat.

But soon after, with my constant massaging on its back, the cat fell asleep. I dare not move as I fear I might wake the cat up. I sat still till I had stomach upset. I needed the toilet urgently.

I abruptly moved my leg causing the cat to wake up. I decided to move it away from my thighs but somehow it was reluctant. It's claws gripped my jeans and whenever I tried to push it away, it gently bit my fingers.

I could no longer stand it anymore. I abruptly shove the cat away from me and dashed to the nearest toilet.

Even though I already visited the toilet to release my bowels, I still had the urgency of using the toilet again on several occasions.

We went to Lau Pat Sat to have our supper. I ordered something spicy to challenge my stomach - mutton chop but it was of no use.

As soon as it was five in the morning, I hailed a cab to go back home. Others were sad to see me leave but I promised them that I will be back since all my stuffs were still at the chalet.

Upon reaching my doorstep, I rang the door bell. But nobody answered. I was all alone outside, waiting...

... To be continued

No comments:

Post a Comment