Ads

Tuesday, February 22, 2005

A Near-Death Experience

A few others and I were preparing ourselves to cross the road when it's already cleared of vehicles. Waiting anxiously I was as usual. Listening to the discman that very moment, still feeling lethargic.

Seconds later, I saw two ladies already crossing the road when there were still incoming cars. I would not take such risk. Life's too precious; I still have not done alot of things in life yet. I'm not a risk-taker.

Then, the road was empty. A few others and I crossed the road. I was listening to the discman, lost in my own world, and not paying attention to my surrounding. I was walking slowly even though I know I was on the road.

Then I saw bright lights beaming at me. Shocked I was when I was in the way of a speeding oncoming Ferrari. Immediately, I dashed forward. The car zoomed past me, inches away from my legs.

My eyes went wide opened, paralysed with fear. If I were to walk any slower, that would be the end of me. I heaved a huge sigh of relieve. I thanked God.

I should not have been jay-walking at the first place. There was an overhead bridge but I ignored it as I was too tired to climb the stairs.

There would not be a next time. The lady beside me acted as if nothing had happened even though she was another who obstructed the car's way.

With a smile still intact on her face, she tapped her friend's shoulder with delight. How ironic could it be.

The lady turned to my direction and gave me a wicked smile. Afterward, she laughed out loud.



For that very moment, she resembled a witch.

Lady: Hehehehehehehehehehehehe!

P/S: I'd updated entries from February 16 to February 21.

Signing Off,
Shah Rizal Isaac

No comments:

Post a Comment