Ads

Saturday, July 4, 2009

My dad woke me up at 8 plus in the morning just now to inform me that my grandma will be going for an operation. But the decision lies with me.

My grandma refused to go for the OP. My dad was against it because he thought my grandma is too old. 87!

The doctor said she will recover after being operated but anything can happen in the operating theatre.

For the first time my mum asked for an opinion and my decision will decide everything. For the first time I was feeling stress about making decisions. Instead I was really firm. I wasn't fickle-minded.

To me, grandma can't go for the operation. She is too old. And she doesn't like to go for operations even though she has never went for one before.

I have to respect my grandma's wish. And I know there will be a risk. But this is one risk I am not going to take.

What happen if something goes wrong in the operating theatre? What if she is supposedly to live until the age of 90 but because of the operation, she can only live till today?

I said what if...

I told my mum I was against it.

Finally, my mum agreed and all of us agreed on not letting my grandma to be operated.

Yes, now we have to take care of her and be vigilant.

My grandma will be wheelchair bound but it doesnt matter. What matters is we respect her decision.

Now we have to look for a wheelchair for me.

I hope my decision is the right one.