Ads

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Slow And Easy

I'll be at home till Thursday. So today, for the first time, I took the bus home instead of always taking the cab. I'm amazed at myself.

I felt so relaxed, sitting down at the back row of the bus and listening to the radio from my handphone. The music was glorious to my ears. I slowly closed my eyes.

Minutes later, I woke up to find myself somewhere I am unfamiliar with.

I alighted.

The sun shone brightly, casting shadows across the forest opposite the bus-stop. Leaves gently fell from the aging trees, gliding effortlessly through the slight breeze of the day. The grass rippled across the fields, creating a wave effect for as far as the eye could see.

The path made smooth from years of ramblers. Stones, polished with wear, made little sound as I made my way along the path, gradually finding my bearings. I looked about, hoping there would be someone who knew where he was and telling me the directions to the nearest urban area.

Somehow, I stopped walking and felt the gentle breeze ruffling my hair. I began to waltz.

I spun around and leapt, and spun around again and leapt even higher the second time round.

I ran and jumped up with my hands reaching for the sky.

I waltz again.

I opened my eyes and saw a young couple staring at me.

SIAO! That guy crazy already! Come dear, better don't go near him!

I smiled and ran away without turning back.

Bam!

I tripped and fell!

No comments:

Post a Comment