Ads

Thursday, July 13, 2006

The Shopping Diva: Patricia Mok

I grew up watching Patricia Mok on TV. I started to recognise her when she was a commedian in Comedy Night. I remembered vividly all the funny roles she had in that show; the wacky schoolgirl, the neighbour, Mark Lee's girlfriend etc.

Then I believed that she was somewhat a great commedian. She makes me laugh. And that makes me tune in to her show every Monday night. But I know as much as she is a great commedian, she wanted to spread her wings, try something new for a change.

She had a serious role in Holland V as Mo LingLing. She dissed her wacky antics and her funny personality to play someone serious and sad and responsible in Holland V.

That thus led her to victory, leading her to win the Best Supporting Actress Award. But personally, she should have been nominated in the Best Actress category, like Jeanette Aw who played Mo JingJing and got nominated too.

She had the longest speech; 3minutes to be exact, tahnking so many people. I was amazed.

She also did movies like, Liang Po Po, Money No Enough, Home Run.

And apart from acting in serial drama, Holland V, she also acted in 3 1/2 women, The Hotel, You are the one, double happiness I/II, child's hope II, Zero to Hero and lucky numbers.

Then she acted in her first English show, My Sassy Neighbour. *Applaud*

And others like, I luv shopping I/II, Maid to order, Extreme Japan, Kp Club I/II.

Her popularity is spreading rapidly. Not only is she likeable but she has her own sense of style. She graced herself in TV ads like SMRT advert and Best advert.

She's funny, she loves shopping, she's likeable and cute. So waht's there not to like about her?

I've been supporting her for the past nine years, voting 7 - 9 times for her in the Top 20 popular female artiste but unfortunately, she did not manage to get in.

If I remember vividly, she nearly got in on the year she acted as Mo LingLing.

Well, this time round, with my support and my blog readers', we'll try to ensure that she enter the Top 10 this year. You will, won't you my supportive blog readers?

Psst, she has her own blog, http://shopaholicpatmok.blogspot.com/

P/S: I'm shortlisted to win Stomp's Open Astral grand prize! I'll be joining the rest this Saturday at 7.15PM at Plaza Singapura's Outdoor plaza.

I'll be making my way down to California Fitness this Sunday at 2PM to claim my 2 weeks membership and a tour around the place.

No comments:

Post a Comment