Ads

Monday, August 18, 2014

That ASIAN Woman

As I sat quietly in the restaurant, I heard some noises behind me.

"Hi, I asked for a glass of plain water from that Asian waitress. Why isn't my water here yet?"

The waiter, "Let me get you the glass of water instead. She's overwhelmed with orders right now."

"No!" She yelled. "I want THAT Asian waitress to get me my water!"

I wanted to turn back and see which notorious caucasian woman kept wanting to get the water from that waitress. Curiosity got the better of me. I turned back and realized it was AN ASIAN woman who was shouting like a mad woman.

Then those words came out from my mouth. "Hey, you, why did you address her as ASIAN waitress, when you can simply say waitress instead? You're Asian yourself."

And then she replied, "I am not ASIAN. I am AMERICAN. I studied in America. I work in America. Please don't tell me I AM ASIAN."

I looked at her from head to toe. "You're definitely ASIAN. Studying and working in America doesn't make you an AMERICAN. You're Chinese. Don't be delusional."

"You're THAT Asian woman. That NOTORIOUS ASIAN WOMAN."